Move over AMD, here comes Sony!!! (A slight satire]

Weve all but buried AMD (please exclude me) but it seems that AMD now has competition from a different source. OHZZZ NOHZZZ, surely this MUST be the death knell for AMD!!! DOOM and DESTRUCTION... ok anyways check this out. Im sure a few of you have seen this http://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Sees+Bigger+Fiscal+Q4+Loss/article7313.htm So NOW its OHHHHHZZ NOOOOzzzoozzorZZORB Sony!!!! How will they ever survive? What foolish moves have they made? Theyve sat on their laurels for sooooo long the competition is just KILLING em. The WIII rulzzzzorroozzozorb. They just HAVE to axe their top 20 or 30 EXECS, lousy lying bums, saying their product was sooo superior, talking everyone elses tech down. Fire the lot of em, please, before they destroy this darling of a jewel. mThey make AMD look like a major breadwinner, they lose money faster than Intel can make it. Sony is dead, no hope....its over

8O :?: :!: :D I hope this hits home, and I hope it doesnt. Im hoping to clarify just what a volitile market the tech market is. I guess this sorta thing happens all the time, even to good, profitible and large companies. Whos next?

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
I understand the satire, but as a counter-point, consider this...

Sony lost 563 million dollars vs sales of 16.8 billion dollars. Much of that loss was based upon the 1.9 billion loss on a game console whose business plan is to lose money (there's a negative ~200 dollar difference between cost and sale price of the system)

AMD lost 611 million dollars vs sales of 1.23 billion (that just sucks...for every chip you sell for 100 bucks, it cost you 150 to make...awful).

I think it would be funnier if you could find a better example...AMD's problems are real and no laughing matter.