Sign in with
Your question

Bsnl broad band internet is not connested in dual boot win7&linux

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
March 3, 2011 2:50:00 PM

hello, i installed windows 7 first to my system then i installed Ubuntu 10.10 with either G parted or disk partition method.
during the first time the inter net connected in windows 7 after then the inter net is not connected in windows 7 only. in Linux only the inter net is connecting. give me the solution to connect inter net in both windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10.
i am using bsnl broad band for inter net.
and also i don't know how to change the display size. because my Ubuntu 10.10 display size is zoomed i don't know how to reduce it, please tell me the procedure to reduce it.[/b][/b]
March 3, 2011 7:47:35 PM

Sounds like some of your hardware hasn't been fully detected or configured by ubuntu properly.

Your discription is somewhat hard for me to follow, just so I understand. You've installed win 7 and had network access. After that you installed Ubuntu 10.10 and now you have network access in win7 but not ubuntu... right?
m
l
March 4, 2011 12:09:55 PM

no no. i installed win 7 and had network access. after that i installed ubuntu 10.10 and now i have network access in ubuntu but not in win 7. ok
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2011 2:36:05 PM

Ahhh.. Does win7 report any errors? Is the network adapter still present in device manager, and does it report any problems with the hardware in device manager?

Win 7's network troubleshooter does a pretty good job of finding / fixing problems as well. I think you can run it from the help menu after clicking on the start menu.
m
l
March 6, 2011 12:04:10 PM

win 7 doesn't give any error. network adapter is not detected it simply says no network connection is available.
m
l
March 7, 2011 11:21:53 AM

Installing ubuntu wouldn't have any effect on the hardware being detected in win 7, I think you need to ask in the win7 forum, I've exhausted my knowledge.

Linux being installed on the computer will not cause the network to be not recognized by windows.
m
l
!