Sign in with
Your question

This is the printout I get in the terminal looking for vidio drivers

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
March 7, 2011 3:36:18 AM

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT] [10de:00f1] (rev a2)
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nvidia-96, nouveau, nvidiafb

So it looks like I'm using Nouveau driver but I have three drivers loaded Nvidia 96, which I believe is the 96.43.19, nouveau (the one I think it's using) and Is the nvidia fb mean it is a nvidia fbcon and is that another driver or what?
The point is I've been trying to test all the nvidia 6600gt drivers I can find the 173 the 96 and I'm trying to put in 260.19.36 but I haven't been able to get it in yet.and I believe that the nouveau drivers was installed from Ubuntu 10.10 when I put the 6600gt card in the computer. With all those three drivers listed as kernel modules could or do I have a conflict. And the reason I'm doing this is, the drivers that I have now are freezing the system.
March 7, 2011 4:46:58 PM

Thanks very much for the response, if the 96. drivers don't work how do I get it back to nouveau . I've tried three other drivers, the one that works the best is the Nouveau drivers but it freezes ,I have to operate in low graphic mode. Since the 96. drivers seem to be loaded also, if I dump the nouveau drivers will it just shift over to the 96. automatically
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2011 11:59:13 PM

You should be able to blacklist the Nouveau driver rather than remove it. I can't remember how though, sorry.
m
l
!