Articles & News
Graphics & Displays
Tom's IT Pro
Login | Sign Up
The authority on tech
Why would Audio set up wizard fail to recognize the sound systemon my
Jul 15, 2008, 9:12 PM
I recently installed a softtware that requires audio feed and playback.
The software won't set up because it's not recognizing the speakers. I tried the following trouble shooting methods:
1. I made sure that the right playback device waqs selected from the list at Start menu > Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Sound > Sound > Playback tab.
2. I reinstalled the motherboard and sound updates from my PC manufacterers website.
3. I checked different USB ports.
4. I tried different speakers.
5. Right click on the program icon > Properties > Check mark Run this program in compatiblity mode > XP(Service Pack 2).
Jul 18, 2008
audio wizard fail recognize sound systemon
Jul 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
is it on board sound? if it is makre sure in the bios that uve disabled the sound card!
Ask a new question
Microphone works in sound hardware wizard but stops working after test
Emachines T3516 - no sound
Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio, No Sound
No sound from front-left audio channel
P5VD2 MX SE WINDOWS 7 AUDIO PROBLEM NO SOUND
Audio , sound,
Audio jacks do not output sound and mic doesn't read
Sound is not working :/
Sound card okay no audio
No sound in windows 7 with USB audio headset
No sound from rear audio out on HP DC7800 cmt
HD 4550 No Audio Device, No Sound
No sound from new build audio
Sound from 1 speaker only.
Phantom audio card took my sound away! Please help!
Subscribe to our newsletter
icon arrow stem circle
About Tom's Hardware
Licensing and Reprints
Other Shopsavvy sites
© 2018 Purch All Rights Reserved.