LOX Mod & Online dedicated server...

For those of you unfamiliar with it, please feel free to visit
www.clanwos.org and grab a copy of the Quake 2 LOX Mod (That site is
the official LOX site). Lox is a very weapons intensive mod. Kinda like
Weapons Of Destruction on steroids. Most weapon number choices cycle
through at leat 4 - 5 choices. There are some very unique grenades and
also tons of other options and devices. But in my opinion is's not as
hard to learn as Chaos or Awaken (and a lot more fun to play). New
players are always welcome and will find people willing to answer
questions.

You can play with or with out the mod installed at

67.15.20.10:27910

which is the official LOX server (there are others too) and the
official Clan WOS Lox server.

You will definitley need the mod for single player mode and running a
server. While not necessary, in multiplayer mode it will help with the
hook as well as many binds, etc.

Tommy<WOS>

P.S. A new-server side dll was just released, making the mod
ultra-stable. [The mod is still activly developed by 2 programmers.]

In article <270620041544459255%chezzy@charter.net>, tommy[WOS]
<chezzy@charter.net> wrote:

> For those of you unfamiliar with it, please feel free to visit
> www.clanwos.org and grab a copy of the Quake 2 LOX Mod (That site is
> the official LOX site). Lox is a very weapons intensive mod. Kinda like
> Weapons Of Destruction on steroids. Most weapon number choices cycle
> through at leat 4 - 5 choices. There are some very unique grenades and
> also tons of other options and devices. But in my opinion is's not as
> hard to learn as Chaos or Awaken (and a lot more fun to play). New
> players are always welcome and will find people willing to answer
> questions.
>
> You can play with or with out the mod installed at
>
> 67.15.20.10:27910
>
> which is the official LOX server (there are others too) and the
> official Clan WOS Lox server.
>
> You will definitley need the mod for single player mode and running a
> server. While not necessary, in multiplayer mode it will help with the
> hook as well as many binds, etc.
>
> Tommy<WOS>
>
> P.S. A new-server side dll was just released, making the mod
> ultra-stable. [The mod is still activly developed by 2 programmers.]

Well, i'm back :) I quit smoking a few months ago and to put it mildly
becane a bit of a SOB for a bit, lol.

Hoping to get back into things.

A FYI for everyone. I have a few things up that may be of interest to
all of you.

First, my website:

http://ishtar.webhop.net/

It is home to the worlds largest collection of Q2 DM maps...a few
thousand now with more on the way.

In addition, I have a large message board area set up called Ishtars
Underworld. It is accessed from a link on the website and is easy to
find. Traffic is light but building.

Last, since I am a team captain for the Q2 Olympic Games which are
under way now, I created an IRC channel for my team. Well, it has grown
to include just about everybody interested. On a weekend night a good
15-20 people are in their chatting about all things Q2 and some things
not Q2. It's a pretty nice channel, lots of familiar faces and new
people to meet. A great bnch of people.

The server to connect to is:

irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/

That is a round-robin link that will send you to a random GameSurge
server.

Once connected, join the #DOU channel.

Everybody reading this is welcome to use any or all of what I have just
mentioned.

If you'd like to do the IRC chat but don't know how, leave me a message
on my boards and I wil help you out. It's pretty easy.

Tommy

"Tommy" <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in message
> In article <270620041544459255%chezzy@charter.net>, tommy[WOS]
> <chezzy@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > For those of you unfamiliar with it, please feel free to visit
> > www.clanwos.org and grab a copy of the Quake 2 LOX Mod (That site is
> > the official LOX site). Lox is a very weapons intensive mod. Kinda like
> > Weapons Of Destruction on steroids. Most weapon number choices cycle
> > through at leat 4 - 5 choices. There are some very unique grenades and
> > also tons of other options and devices. But in my opinion is's not as
> > hard to learn as Chaos or Awaken (and a lot more fun to play). New
> > players are always welcome and will find people willing to answer
> > questions.
> >
> > You can play with or with out the mod installed at
> >
> > 67.15.20.10:27910
> >
> > which is the official LOX server (there are others too) and the
> > official Clan WOS Lox server.
> >
> > You will definitley need the mod for single player mode and running a
> > server. While not necessary, in multiplayer mode it will help with the
> > hook as well as many binds, etc.
> >
> > Tommy<WOS>
> >
> > P.S. A new-server side dll was just released, making the mod
> > ultra-stable. [The mod is still activly developed by 2 programmers.]
>
> Well, i'm back :) I quit smoking a few months ago and to put it mildly
> becane a bit of a SOB for a bit, lol.
>
> Hoping to get back into things.
>
> A FYI for everyone. I have a few things up that may be of interest to
> all of you.
>
> First, my website:
>
> http://ishtar.webhop.net/
>
> It is home to the worlds largest collection of Q2 DM maps...a few
> thousand now with more on the way.
>
> In addition, I have a large message board area set up called Ishtars
> Underworld. It is accessed from a link on the website and is easy to
> find. Traffic is light but building.
>
> Last, since I am a team captain for the Q2 Olympic Games which are
> under way now, I created an IRC channel for my team. Well, it has grown
> to include just about everybody interested. On a weekend night a good
> 15-20 people are in their chatting about all things Q2 and some things
> not Q2. It's a pretty nice channel, lots of familiar faces and new
> people to meet. A great bnch of people.
>
> The server to connect to is:
>
> irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/
>
> That is a round-robin link that will send you to a random GameSurge
> server.
>
> Once connected, join the #DOU channel.
>
> Everybody reading this is welcome to use any or all of what I have just
> mentioned.
>
> If you'd like to do the IRC chat but don't know how, leave me a message
> on my boards and I wil help you out. It's pretty easy.
>
> Tommy

Keep up the good work! I'll see you around.

G.

Tommy <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in

> In article <270620041544459255%chezzy@charter.net>, tommy[WOS]
> <chezzy@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> For those of you unfamiliar with it, please feel free to visit
>> www.clanwos.org and grab a copy of the Quake 2 LOX Mod (That site
>> is the official LOX site). Lox is a very weapons intensive mod.
>> Kinda like Weapons Of Destruction on steroids. Most weapon number
>> choices cycle through at leat 4 - 5 choices. There are some very
>> unique grenades and also tons of other options and devices. But
>> in my opinion is's not as hard to learn as Chaos or Awaken (and a
>> lot more fun to play). New players are always welcome and will
>> find people willing to answer questions.
>>
>> You can play with or with out the mod installed at
>>
>> 67.15.20.10:27910
>>
>> which is the official LOX server (there are others too) and the
>> official Clan WOS Lox server.
>>
>> You will definitley need the mod for single player mode and
>> running a server. While not necessary, in multiplayer mode it
>> will help with the hook as well as many binds, etc.
>>
>> Tommy<WOS>
>>
>> P.S. A new-server side dll was just released, making the mod
>> ultra-stable. [The mod is still activly developed by 2
>> programmers.]
>
> Well, i'm back :) I quit smoking a few months ago and to put it
> mildly becane a bit of a SOB for a bit, lol.

Welcome back! I tried the server last night and remembered I need to
learn how to use those darn angels. I pinged 66 which was pretty good.
Might hit the server this weekend, we'll see!

Adam

"Tommy" <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in message
> In article <270620041544459255%chezzy@charter.net>, tommy[WOS]
> <chezzy@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > For those of you unfamiliar with it, please feel free to visit
> > www.clanwos.org and grab a copy of the Quake 2 LOX Mod (That site is
> > the official LOX site). Lox is a very weapons intensive mod. Kinda like
> > Weapons Of Destruction on steroids. Most weapon number choices cycle
> > through at leat 4 - 5 choices. There are some very unique grenades and
> > also tons of other options and devices. But in my opinion is's not as
> > hard to learn as Chaos or Awaken (and a lot more fun to play). New
> > players are always welcome and will find people willing to answer
> > questions.
> >
> > You can play with or with out the mod installed at
> >
> > 67.15.20.10:27910
> >
> > which is the official LOX server (there are others too) and the
> > official Clan WOS Lox server.
> >
> > You will definitley need the mod for single player mode and running a
> > server. While not necessary, in multiplayer mode it will help with the
> > hook as well as many binds, etc.
> >
> > Tommy<WOS>
> >
> > P.S. A new-server side dll was just released, making the mod
> > ultra-stable. [The mod is still activly developed by 2 programmers.]
>
> Well, i'm back :) I quit smoking a few months ago and to put it mildly
> becane a bit of a SOB for a bit, lol.
>
> Hoping to get back into things.
>
> A FYI for everyone. I have a few things up that may be of interest to
> all of you.
>
> First, my website:
>
> http://ishtar.webhop.net/
>
> It is home to the worlds largest collection of Q2 DM maps...a few
> thousand now with more on the way.
>
> In addition, I have a large message board area set up called Ishtars
> Underworld. It is accessed from a link on the website and is easy to
> find. Traffic is light but building.
>
> Last, since I am a team captain for the Q2 Olympic Games which are
> under way now, I created an IRC channel for my team. Well, it has grown
> to include just about everybody interested. On a weekend night a good
> 15-20 people are in their chatting about all things Q2 and some things
> not Q2. It's a pretty nice channel, lots of familiar faces and new
> people to meet. A great bnch of people.
>
> The server to connect to is:
>
> irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/
>
> That is a round-robin link that will send you to a random GameSurge
> server.
>
> Once connected, join the #DOU channel.
>
> Everybody reading this is welcome to use any or all of what I have just
> mentioned.
>
> If you'd like to do the IRC chat but don't know how, leave me a message
> on my boards and I wil help you out. It's pretty easy.
>
> Tommy

Tommy,
Could you add text files for the zips? I know it will take some effort
on your part, but it would greatly improve the site. Thanks.

G.

> In article <270620041544459255%chezzy@charter.net>, tommy[WOS]
> <chezzy@charter.net> wrote:
>
> http://ishtar.webhop.net/
>
> It is home to the worlds largest collection of Q2 DM maps...a few
> thousand now with more on the way.

Larger than the new Q2 ftp site?!
Wow that would be quite something and also fantastic
for those of use who were searching in vain for maps months ago!

I assume you include SP and COOP maps as well right?

thanks.

David
http://zmax.org/quake2

In article <suOdnSu8rrHjT3vdRVn-jA@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Could you add text files for the zips? I know it will take some effort
> on your part, but it would greatly improve the site. Thanks.
>
> G.

What exactly do you mean by text files?

> In article <suOdnSu8rrHjT3vdRVn-jA@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
> <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could you add text files for the zips? I know it will take some
effort
> > on your part, but it would greatly improve the site. Thanks.
> >
> > G.
>
> What exactly do you mean by text files?
>
> Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I mean the associated readme file, describing the contents of the zip
file. It can usually be obtained from the zip itself.

G.

"Tommy" <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in message
> In article <suOdnSu8rrHjT3vdRVn-jA@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
> <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could you add text files for the zips? I know it will take some
effort
> > on your part, but it would greatly improve the site. Thanks.
> >
> > G.
>
> What exactly do you mean by text files?
>
> Tommy

Ex:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Levels

G.

In article <pe2dnWJqQu0wI2jdRVn-jw@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Tommy" <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in message
> > In article <suOdnSu8rrHjT3vdRVn-jA@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
> > <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Could you add text files for the zips? I know it will take some
> effort
> > > on your part, but it would greatly improve the site. Thanks.
> > >
> > > G.
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by text files?
> >
> > Tommy
>
> Hi Tommy,
> I mean the associated readme file, describing the contents of the zip
> file. It can usually be obtained from the zip itself.

Yeah, that would be nice, but unfortunately impossible. It's not even
so much a matter of the enormous work that would be involved, but
rather the fact that I just never had the files. A large amount of the
maps were obtained from connecting to servers and downloading them. As
you know, read me files don't come down during downloads. I just
bundled the maps with their associated files manually into zips and
that was that. Googling/yahooing most of these maps produces zero
results. All in all though, I think it's better to at least have the
map without the read me then no map at all. Had I started this project
a few years earlier I would have had more, but this is the best that
can be done.

Tommy

Looks like I missed a chunk of this thread. My news group server has
big holes, or I'm not checking in often enough.

Tommy is our latest contributor to the ftp site. As I type this, he's
uploading tons of maps. Many thanks to Tommy and all who have taken
the time to preserve Q2 files.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:01:44 -0400, Tommy <chezzy@charter.net> wrote:

>In article <pe2dnWJqQu0wI2jdRVn-jw@comcast.com>, George M. Reagan
><georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Tommy" <chezzy@charter.net> wrote in message

>> effort

>> > What exactly do you mean by text files?
>> >
>> > Tommy
>>
>> Hi Tommy,
>> I mean the associated readme file, describing the contents of the zip
>> file. It can usually be obtained from the zip itself.
>
>Yeah, that would be nice, but unfortunately impossible. It's not even
>so much a matter of the enormous work that would be involved, but
>rather the fact that I just never had the files. A large amount of the
>maps were obtained from connecting to servers and downloading them. As
>you know, read me files don't come down during downloads. I just
>bundled the maps with their associated files manually into zips and
>that was that. Googling/yahooing most of these maps produces zero
>results. All in all though, I think it's better to at least have the
>map without the read me then no map at all. Had I started this project
>a few years earlier I would have had more, but this is the best that
>can be done.
>
>Tommy

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message

> Looks like I missed a chunk of this thread. My news group server has
> big holes, or I'm not checking in often enough.

It's not a problem on your end. They aren't showing up on either of the
news servers I use either.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

In article <10hsl2u4c83f86c@corp.supernews.com>, Margolis
<someone@somewhere.org> wrote:

> It's not a problem on your end. They aren't showing up on either of the
> news servers I use either.

Lol, nobodys problem, it's a pretty old thread that I never got around
to replying to. It just stuck here.

Tommy