Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need Advice On Moving to Win7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 5, 2011 5:48:23 PM

I have some questions concerning my upcoming move to Win7. A bit of info beforehand: my usage mostly gaming, web browsing and music playing. The computer is the family computer so we do financials, bill-paying and schoolwork on the PC.

1) 32 or 64? I do a fair bit of gaming, especially "old-school" gaming using Dosbox. Will there be any issues with the legacy games?

2) Home or Pro? I am pretty computer savvy, but do I really need the extra features in Pro?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

More about : advice moving win7

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2011 7:05:11 PM

64bit only if you have more than 4gb of ram otherwise 32bit--you would also need 64bit drivers for all your hardware including peripherals like printer-scanner etc--you cant use 32bit drivers on 64bit windows

couldnt get my friends legacy game sensi soccer to work in dos box on windows 7--i had to dual boot windows 7 and windows millenium so he could play it

never used home so dont know--but if you look on microsoft windows 7 site it will tell you the differences
August 6, 2011 3:23:35 PM

Thanks, that pretty much answers my questions. I'm not planning on having more than 4 GB of RAM, and I went over the features comparisons, really I could do without the extras from Pro. Thanks again!
Related resources
August 9, 2011 3:33:36 PM

I will suggested for the 64 bit , Minimum 4 GB RAM and for Windows 7 pro.
August 16, 2011 2:15:37 AM

Best answer selected by malachiv.
a c 281 4 Gaming
a c 371 $ Windows 7
August 16, 2011 9:31:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!