No video on Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dismalrain

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ok, here is my problem I just build this computer about a month ago and I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem. Here is my system:

Asus Rampage MB (newest BIOS)
E8500
8gigs Corsair Dominator
PCP&C Silencer 750
Asus 3870x2 x 2 (newest drivers)
Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

When I reboot my machine it get all the way up to the windows loading screen and then go black and I have to reboot the machine and enter safe mode. Once in safe mode I have to go in and disable the second video card and uninstall the drivers on the first card then reboot the machine again. Vista will then start up normally and install the video card. I then have to go back and disable the second card and restart the machine to finish the install of the video drivers. Once the machine has restarted I can go in and enable the 2nd video card and turn on Crossfire X with 4 GPU's and the machine will run fine. This problem only happens about 65% of the time when I restart but its annoying that it happens at all.

Also I have one of the 3870X2's with the loud fan problem and I haven't found a way to update the bio's on the card in Vista 64 is there a way to do this with having to pull the card and put in an XP machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.