Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
I know this has been posted here and all over the internet in the past...and that's where my problem lies actually.

i can't find a solution that works!

My problem:
After going through the installation of windows XP Pro on a SATA HDD and i am using the Latest Nvidia SATA controller during installation (pressing F6, etc.) windows installs fine. (i have an nForce motherboard)

After the install, when windows is booting up (screen with the logo and a bar below it) it loads for about 2 seconds, then gives me a BSOD with the 0x0000007B error.

I've been looking non-stop for a fix for the past 14 hours for a solution, but couldn't find anybody who has the same problem as me actually...

I've tried re-installing from scratch. I've tried repairing windows. Both of those methods don't work...i really can't think of what else it could be. It can't be the bios because windows installs just fine...it's after the installation that it gives me the error.

I've also tried to toggle the RAM, but that doesn't do anything...

my Specs:
EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Mobo
Seagate Baracude 200GB HDD
OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA 9800 GTX Video Card
Intel Q6700 CPU

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
OCZ 780W Modxtream PSU.

Already ran seatools and it said that everything is fine...at this point i'm 100% sure that it's a software issue related to having a SATA HDD.

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
Also the exact error code i'm getting is 0xC0000034 which is a STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND error referring to the SATA controller drivers.

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
when i try to go into safe mode it loads up until the file Mup.sys then i get the exact same BSOD and a reboot...this happens everytime.

So i can't get into safe-mode either.