ATI_Radeon_HD_2900_XT new benchmarks

mrmonk

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Looks like it can compete with 8800 gts

http://www.hardware.info/en-UK/articles/amdnZGpsZGGa/ATI_Radeon_HD_2900_XT_test/

dagoth_ur

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
I get an error of some type once I get past far cry.

I get that too but just leave the page then enter it againg and go straight to the benchmark you want to see....

uhh...strange : )

anyway, seems that ATi's drivers become better day by day..well..as they always did. mmm..looking at Stalker at high resolution, GTX seems to be a hardcore performer, I would love to caress one in my hands ; )

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
well it seems like that it is performing at or just above the 8800gts 640mb, in most test. If these hardware test are accurate, then the 2900xt only needs to drop it's price some to become a real competitor now. I hope the drivers keep pulling out more power.

sailer

Splendid

I get that too but just leave the page then enter it againg and go straight to the benchmark you want to see....

anyway, seems that ATi's drivers become better day by day..well..as they always did. mmm..looking at Stalker at high resolution, GTX seems to be a hardcore performer, I would love to caress one in my hands ; )

The results I've been seeing from various reviews the last few days are very strange indeed. It makes me wonder if some sites were testing pre-production cards. Either that, or the quality control is terrible, with one groups of cards doing bad while others are reasonable.

dagoth_ur

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007

The results I've been seeing from various reviews the last few days are very strange indeed. It makes me wonder if some sites were testing pre-production cards. Either that, or the quality control is terrible, with one groups of cards doing bad while others are reasonable.

Maybe this review was made using newer drivers than any previous reviews, as I said. I didn't look at the system setup and drivers used cause I'm out of time right now. But, who would you believe? I would believe THG, as I usually do : )

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007

Maybe this review was made using newer drivers than any previous reviews, as I said. I didn't look at the system setup and drivers used cause I'm out of time right now. But, who would you believe? I would believe THG, as I usually do : )

I don't see the same games reviewed in THG as were in that link though.

sailer

Splendid
I don't see the same games reviewed in THG as were in that link though.

I think that's going to be a problem for a while. The various sites are using different games, etc to test the 2900 XT, so we as enthusiasts will have to sort everything out and come up with our own final guesses. It will be at least two more weeks before I buy anything, so better results may occur by then, along with better drivers.

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Well, from that review it looks like there are fewer games then it would seem that don't get good performance from the Hd 2900xt, but like you said, I would wait until I have more information to make a guess off of.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006

probably had the pre-prioduction review cards, and did the reviews ( like vr-zone ) waaaay before the final presentation, and using alpha drivers.
its well know practice to give and upload the reviews as fast they can so they get more hits.

and if you notice, MANY websites had the 1gb DDR4 card.. not the 512 final version o_O