8800GTX and Vista 64bit Clockspeed question

Hello all! I'm a long time reader and first time poster.

After many months of research I finally put together a new PC, but have a quick question.

My question is: In Windows Vista64 is there any software that I can install or run to verify (don't need to change, just check) the clock speed of my 8800GTX? I have the Foxconn 8800GTX ONOC (overclock) and wanted to make sure it was running at 630mhz / 2000mhz effective.

I had played with a 1950XT AGP from GE Cube in another machine and you had to use ATI Overdrive (which worked flawlessly) to bump the clock speed up to its "XTX Speed".

Thank you in advance for your help.
4 answers Last reply
More about 8800gtx vista 64bit clockspeed question
  1. Download Coolbits
  2. Quote:
    Hello all! I'm a long time reader and first time poster.

After many months of research I finally put together a new PC, but have a quick question.

My question is: In Windows Vista64 is there any software that I can install or run to verify (don't need to change, just check) the clock speed of my 8800GTX? I have the Foxconn 8800GTX ONOC (overclock) and wanted to make sure it was running at 630mhz / 2000mhz effective.

I had played with a 1950XT AGP from GE Cube in another machine and you had to use ATI Overdrive (which worked flawlessly) to bump the clock speed up to its "XTX Speed".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Nvidia's NTune Software should give you what you need. You can download it through Nvidia's site.
  3. Thanks for the info...I guess I was a little confused because I thought I read that NTune didn't work for Vista or Vista64bit but according to this site:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/nVidia-nTune.shtml

it says it supports it. Guess I will try NTune when I get home as well as Coolbits. Thank you for the help!
  4. I'd backtrack myself there actually, as I suspect the driver version you are running for your card will not be supported by Coolbits any longer and infact, Ntune would be the way to go.

Apologies if this caused any confusion.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows Vista Graphics