Windows Xp Pro - Registry Cleaner - plz help

mychael616

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
I ask this on here in hopes of receiving helpful quality responses...

Can anyone help me in finding a good registry cleaner that doesn't "cripple" your system. As I've looked into them more I've found numerous articles saying there isn't a 100% effective one. I've used crap cleaner in the past and it hasn't seemed to do any harm.

I don't care if I'd have to pay for it or not. I almost installed Iolo System Mechanic on my new install until I read the reviews on it. Thank god... Please help

Ditto Zoron

http://www.sofotex.com/RegScrubXP-download_L7528.html

@mychael616 RegScrubXPs auto cleaning feature has never in almost 2 years screwed up anything on any of my machines, it also has a manual cleaning feature, thats quite good but you better know what you're doing if you go that route.

Simple interface, install the program, run the program, upper left click RegScrubXP finds problems, after it scans and prepares a list, bottom left click Select All Problems, bottom 2 buttons from left click Fix Selected Problems, bottom right click Exit.

Works great and is free, no adds or spyware comes along with it.

Why didn't you state your question more precisely? Your initial question was what free reg cleaners would we recommend... but now you're off on a tangent about two specific products; one of which you mentioned in your initial post. That's all well and good, but you could have at least acknowledged the people trying to assist you rather than ignore the advice.

If you're using a product you're satisfied with why would you seek out alternatives? And what's the point of asking a question when you ignore the answers?

Ditto!

You are rather dense, aren't you?

No, we aren't the only ones allowed to respond, but you don't seem to want to know anything about any other products other than the ones you asked about. That's fine... but then why did you ask us what products we would recommend? Either you want to know about Crap Cleaner or you want to know about other products. We can only tell what it is you're looking for by what you post... we're not mindreaders.

Ditto!

I guess to a certain extent you've aroused my curiosity, you ask for help, some offer the help you asked for then you laugh in their faces for helping you.

You pick out one word to harp on, "We", and thats obviously all you've gotten out of this entire thread you've started.

First of all Zoron and I had no conspiracy to help you, he got to the thread first and made his reccomendation, my reccomendation just so happened to be the same as his, so I backed his reccomendation and supplied a download link for you.

"We" would not reccommend a product to you that "We", didn't know was a good one meaning we have and I still do, use it, so when you get a suggestion and its backed up by another, most people take that as a stamp of approval on the product not a conspiracy to dominate the thread, which seems to be whats happening now from your responses, since a simple Thank You would have been a proper response, but you chose laughing in our faces for helping you and running off to hide.

You see mychael616 We, meaning in this case Zoron and I, help people here at the forums solve their computer problems, and We actually expect when someone asks for help, that they really need it and are sincere about it.

However in your case it seems you either were trying to start a trouble thread, or you simply don't have the normal internet courtesy and knowledge to deal with other people you've never met, or maybe you just feel safe behind a keyboard and will say whatever you want, under those circumstances it would be apparent you just got mixed up and posted in the wrong section, you might get just the responses you're looking for by reposting this in the Other Section, where you'll meet a lot of people just like you, and you'll feel right at home.

You did ask about Crap Cleaner and I've never used that product so even though since then I've read reviews about it, I cannot personally reccommend a product I've never used but you say you have used it, well if you have used it what were your experiences with it?

Whats wrong with Crap Cleaner that would make you look for another free cleaner, did you have problems with it?

Does it not do what its advertised to do?

Would you reccommend it to someone else?

You see mychael616 you could have used this thread to help others, why don't you think about that, the next time you start a thread!

Have a nice day mychael616