Status
Not open for further replies.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
i assume this is probably a hard drive problem to be honest, but as of today i can't open up media center. it just looks as though it's searching for it and then it says it can't open it. it gives me the option to 'debug' it, which i click on, but the it still doesn't work and after trying to open it once more, it just gives up.

it did give me an option to go look for a possible problem file (vista is awesome at giving help for these things. don't remember xp ever doing anything like this) and it had me look for a 1005 i think. found it, found it was a .dll file that took about three lines of paper to copy down.

did some deal where the hard drive basically searches for errors and repairs problems it finds. takes some serious time to do this on a 500gb hard drive however, so i wasn't around when it finished. i came home and tried media center again and same deal after the hard drive tried to repair itself.

thanks for any help.

Solution
I've had that happen on two occasions, but to Media Player. I believe Media Center was corrupted also. The first time I was able to do a System Restore and regain access to a fully functioning Media Player (which is part of media center). The second time, no such luck a reinstall of Vista 64 OS was required. I discovered on both occassions the Windows Media Player crash was caused by a Registry Cleaner I had run. I contacted the tech support of the software and was told, "Vista 64...we have run no tests on Vista 64!"
I've had that happen on two occasions, but to Media Player. I believe Media Center was corrupted also. The first time I was able to do a System Restore and regain access to a fully functioning Media Player (which is part of media center). The second time, no such luck a reinstall of Vista 64 OS was required. I discovered on both occassions the Windows Media Player crash was caused by a Registry Cleaner I had run. I contacted the tech support of the software and was told, "Vista 64...we have run no tests on Vista 64!"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.