Thanks for the Game.

Thanks to George, Stixs, and whoever else for a great game last night.
Since the penalty for mistakes was a drink, I got pretty hammered and
had to sign off earlier than usual. We ended up playing Ground Zero,
since I was having a lot of trouble with genome.

The trouble was that any surface more than a few paces away was black
or transparent. I was shooting at Stroggs through closed doors, since
I couldn't see the doors. It's tough to explain so here;
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/fmov.swf

That's a flash movie, 2.1 MB of me taking a short walk. You will see
what I mean. Anybody know what causes that? I have never had it happen
before. Just in genome. Thanks.

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to George, Stixs, and whoever else for a great game last night.
> Since the penalty for mistakes was a drink, I got pretty hammered and
> had to sign off earlier than usual. We ended up playing Ground Zero,
> since I was having a lot of trouble with genome.
>
> The trouble was that any surface more than a few paces away was black
> or transparent. I was shooting at Stroggs through closed doors, since
> I couldn't see the doors. It's tough to explain so here;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/fmov.swf
>
> That's a flash movie, 2.1 MB of me taking a short walk. You will see
> what I mean. Anybody know what causes that? I have never had it happen
> before. Just in genome. Thanks.
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com

Hi Tom,
That is cool, I'm not quite sure how you did that but it's great for
illustration purposes. I've not myself seen anything quite like the
problem your having, hopefully someone will be able to help. The best thing
about the "Genome Project" is the excellent visuals, too bad. What video
card do you use, BTW?

G.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to George, Stixs, and whoever else for a great game last night.
> Since the penalty for mistakes was a drink, I got pretty hammered and
> had to sign off earlier than usual. We ended up playing Ground Zero,
> since I was having a lot of trouble with genome.
>
> The trouble was that any surface more than a few paces away was black
> or transparent. I was shooting at Stroggs through closed doors, since
> I couldn't see the doors. It's tough to explain so here;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/fmov.swf
>
> That's a flash movie, 2.1 MB of me taking a short walk. You will see
> what I mean. Anybody know what causes that? I have never had it happen
> before. Just in genome. Thanks.
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com

P.S.
You might want to look at the readme2.html to see how it should look like.

G.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to George, Stixs, and whoever else for a great game last night.
> Since the penalty for mistakes was a drink, I got pretty hammered and
> had to sign off earlier than usual. We ended up playing Ground Zero,
> since I was having a lot of trouble with genome.
>
> The trouble was that any surface more than a few paces away was black
> or transparent. I was shooting at Stroggs through closed doors, since
> I couldn't see the doors. It's tough to explain so here;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/fmov.swf
>
> That's a flash movie, 2.1 MB of me taking a short walk. You will see
> what I mean. Anybody know what causes that? I have never had it happen
> before. Just in genome. Thanks.
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com

Here's some screenies:
Nice shot of Kazoo's area (ta Tom), sticks looks like he's gonna
heave:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Pictures/q2-20040710.jpg
More picts:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Pictures/q2-20040710a.jpg
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/scrapple/Pictures/q2-20040710b.jpg

G.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:10:42 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Tom,
> That is cool, I'm not quite sure how you did that but it's great for
>illustration purposes. I've not myself seen anything quite like the
>problem your having, hopefully someone will be able to help. The best thing
>about the "Genome Project" is the excellent visuals, too bad. What video
>card do you use, BTW?
>
>G.

Hi George,

Thanks. All I did was take a bunch of screen shots, moving a bit
after each. Then pulled them all into Flash 5.

Belarc Advisor says this about my video;
VIA Tech VT8361/VT8601 Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
Plug and Play Monitor

I don't know if that's good or bad. It's been a couple of years since
I put the thing together.

BTW I tried changing my video options in the game menu. It was
"Software" and I changed to "Default openGL". That made all the
textures show up, but the whole thing got sort of sepia toned and way
too dark to play. The brightness is all the way up.

Are there additional software vid drivers that you guys use?

mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:10:42 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
> <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi Tom,
> > That is cool, I'm not quite sure how you did that but it's great for
> >illustration purposes. I've not myself seen anything quite like the
> >problem your having, hopefully someone will be able to help. The best
thing
> >about the "Genome Project" is the excellent visuals, too bad. What video
> >card do you use, BTW?
> >
> >G.
> >

> Hi George,
>
> Thanks. All I did was take a bunch of screen shots, moving a bit
> after each. Then pulled them all into Flash 5.
>
> Belarc Advisor says this about my video;
> VIA Tech VT8361/VT8601 Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
> Plug and Play Monitor
>
> I don't know if that's good or bad. It's been a couple of years since
> I put the thing together.
>
> BTW I tried changing my video options in the game menu. It was
> "Software" and I changed to "Default openGL". That made all the
> textures show up, but the whole thing got sort of sepia toned and way
> too dark to play. The brightness is all the way up.
>
> Are there additional software vid drivers that you guys use?
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Tom,
I'll get back to you when I have some time.

G.