Microsoft Windows CE .Net 4.2 Core version

August 15, 2005 10:31:32 PM

What is this version? Does it contain the "usual stuff" (Settings, Program
menu) or is it as the name implies, just the "core". Reason for asking is
that I want to know if there can be additional applications installed by the
user as on a regular PocketPC device.

Thanks
Goran Ekstrom
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:16:59 PM

Hi,
The core is just that - the kernel, drivers and file system. The rest of
the OS is customized and is delivered to OEMs as the Pocket PC. You may be
able to install Windows CE 4.2 apps however they will not look the same due
to the way the gui was changed with the Pocket PC versus a regular windows
environment.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com