am i missing something

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
so i got a second hd for my computer but im having trouble getting it to show up. it shows up in bios but not in my computer. when i go to add hardware in windows it sees the hd. but i cannot figure out how to have windows see it so i can format it? what am i doing wrong?

angelkiller

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Right-click on My Computer, choose Manage, go to disk management, set up the drive in there.
I'm just expanding on this.

After you're in disk management, you'll see all your storage devices. (CD-ROM & HDD's.) You should have two Hard drives show up. (Disk 0 & 1) Disk 0 is your main drive, and Disk 1 is your second one. IIRC, Disk 1 should be lime green. Right click the drive and hit format. You can change the name to whatever you want, and leave the other options at default values. Hit OK, and Windows will start to format the drive. (Might dake awhile depending on how large the drive is)

Hope this helps! GL :D

fredgiblet

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
(Might take awhile depending on how large the drive is)

You can use the quick format option to cut the time to almost nothing, but when time isn't an issue I like to let it go the long way for an extra check against problems.