Random Restarts

Braeden

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2008
Ok so..My system, a Dell XPS710, has been having just completely random restarts for the past 3 weeks or so. It can go fine for hours on end with no problems and then it could restart 2 or 3 times in a few hours. This started on a day when I made a few changes.

First: I removed the 2 gigs of ram I had in the system and upgrade to 2 x 2g sticks. Now I have ran MEMTEST + for about 4 hours and had no errors on the memory at all, so I dont think this would be the problem.

Second: I upgraded XP to SP3, now I have read issues about restarts with SP3 but they seem to be related to an Intel driver on AMD systems and my system has an Intel E6600, so not sure if this could be the case.

Third: nVidia system update told me to do a driver update for my Mobo which I did, not sure if this could be the problem.

The case is clean, and all temps are well within normal operating temps, so I dont believe it to be a thermal event. Also I do have system recovery set to NOT restart on a system failure, yet these restarts are still occuring. I have had no mini-dumps with any of the restarts. If anyone has a clue as to what could be the culprit I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks
Brae

TRENDING THREADS