Ahhh New Adaptor Problems

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Hey guys I just recently bought a Dir-655 Router and my wired in pc and my mac (wireless) can run the internet. But I also bought a DWA-552 for my other pc that runs wireless and I cannot connect to the router. I tried manually setting up my ip in windows xp but that still doesn't work. Last night it would connect to the router though but then it would not let me access the internet. Now this morning it tells me windows cannot find a certificate to log into the network. What is the problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (manually and automatically) too. The adapter just gets stuck validating because it can't find the certificate. Is this maybe a windows error because I mainly bought this adapter because my older one wasn't working with my older router.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you haven't done so, turn off all the security on the the comp you're have trouble with as well as the one hardwired to the router. If that doesn't do it, I'd uninstall the card and drivers and reinstall them and then run Windows Wireless Wizard. If you secured the router, be sure that the computer has the same setting.

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

I did, I fixed it by reinstalling windows. It must of been some virus or something because when I ran in safe mode the net worked so I just did a fresh boot of windows

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Glad you worked it out. For future reference frequently when you don't experience a problem when running in Safe Mode it's a driver problem.

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

well even plugged directly in with the modem,no router, the net wouldnt work. So I think it was more than drivers since my drivers were working on my Ethernet like an hour before my internet wouldn't work with wireless or modem.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
You can connect your other computers to the Internet, correct? With the modem directly connected to the modem make sure you IP is set to Auto configuration. Right Click on the LAN connection you're using and Click Repair. Make sure your onboard LAN is Enabled in the BIOS. Turn off all security programs.

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

yeah I tried all that, it had to of been a windows problem because after reinstall it all works now

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

Why Windows is everyone's favorite OS? :) Glad it's working

TRENDING THREADS