eddie1978

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
My PC has had a virus for some time now and I really should have dealt with it. But instead I have waited until the point where windows no longer even starts. I have tried to restart it in Safe Mode and all the other Modes that come up when you press F8 with no prevail. Because I cannot even enter windows I have tried to reinstall XP with the disc when turning on the PC. I tried first by trying the repair mode, but it asks me for my administrator password which I cannot remember for the life of me so that was no good. I then tried by a full reinstall, all was looking good until I got to the Licencening Page where it says press F8 to continue or ESC to quit. I press F8 and nothing happens. Please help as my housmate has said she wont make me tea until she can get back onto Facebook :pt1cable:

Trying to help you is a shot in the dark without knowing your specs, or if its a brand name PC which one and what model#

More than likely if you can't get past F8 agreement you may have a SATA HDD and need to load SATA drivers at the F6 prompt, but with no more info thats just a guess.