Sign in with
Your question

Vista lost connection permenenatly

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 26, 2008 5:18:56 PM

I have just built a computer and installed a copy of Vista Ultimate 64 bit legit copy of course. I installed with all newest drivers and updated Vista with all the updates. I left the computer running for hours when I come back the computer was off. Probably screwed up going into hibernate mode. When I reboot the machine it said windows did not shutdown properly choose start normally. After restarting I lost the internet connection, got an x through the little icon. So I rebooted the machine tried turning it on and off multiple times still no internet connection. Tried to set up new connection and it can not find and connection. When I boot into my trusty ubuntu {linux} internet works just fine so it's not the hardware. Any suggestions on restoring my internet?
July 26, 2008 5:42:15 PM

I have just built a computer and installed a copy of Vista Ultimate 64 bit legit copy of course. I installed with all newest drivers and updated Vista with all the updates. I left the computer running for hours when I come back the computer was off. Probably screwed up going into hibernate mode. When I reboot the machine it said windows did not shutdown properly choose start normally. After restarting I lost the internet connection, got an x through the little icon. So I rebooted the machine tried turning it on and off multiple times still no internet connection. Tried to set up new connection and it can not find and connection. When I boot into my trusty ubuntu {linux} inernet works just fine so it's not the hardware. Any suggestions on restoring my internet?

By the way searching on the internet it seems the following is helps if you know hwat it means. I tried unchecking the power saing feature in the Realtek ethernet devices, both of them and it did not help.

C:\Users\martin>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : c2qw64
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigab
it Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-7D-06-C4-36
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigab
it Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-7D-06-C4-B6
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection*:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{C36C0957-3256-4C32-B362-AA357C154
D99}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 8:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{07879D3B-D96D-4892-A8D4-278EF7F84
3B0}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

July 26, 2008 9:49:25 PM

Ok by fiddling with the power management for the whole computer the ethernet cards got not recognized then recognized again with internet working. Conclusion Vista sucks Linux rules.
Related resources
August 4, 2008 5:45:34 AM

Conclusion is that you can't blame the OS for your mistake.

:p 

Vista works just great for me and always has.
August 13, 2008 12:23:43 PM

i had the same problem...i had no internet after a hibernation..lukely i had 2 other computers to troubleshot and i found 1 working solution..shut your pc then pull out the powercable ..press your on butten to know for sure there is no more power in the machine an leave it for about 15-30 min...put everything back and start up your pc and just go online....don't for get to shut hibernation off !!....what is the problem : vista put everything in hibernation even your lan port..but when you go out off hibernation the only thing is that you lan port doesn't so you can do what you want even re instal you os/driver that won't help....good luck and greating from ferdy from holland
August 14, 2008 12:43:35 PM

restore to when it did work
!