Leadteck vs Foxconn vs eVga GTS-320

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
hey all, ive decided to buy a GTS-320, but im havin trouble deciding the brand. What do you think of these three?

Foxconn, $290 , after rebate
Core clock: 575MHz
Memory Clock: 1800MHz

eVga, $275 after rebate, (Stock speeds)
Core clock: 500MHz
Memory Clock: 1600MHz

Leadteck, $260 (after rebate)
Core clock: 540MHz
Memory Clock: 1680MHz

Notice that in terms of performance foxconn>Leadtek>eVga, but in price the cheaper one is Leadtek, then eVga, and then foxconn.

is Foxconn worth the extra $$? or should i stick with Leadtek and get a better deal from eVga, which is actually slower. Then again, the brand matters to me, so i dont want to be returning the Leadtek one because it was defficient.

PS- i dont plan to do evga's step up thing, since i dont live in the US

thanks for your comments :D

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Leadtek.. ok thanks.

are you saying i wouldnt notice the difference from a evga wich has stock speeds and the foxconn oC'd version?

but oh well, i think ill get the Leadtek.

any1 else? :lol:

I've heard great things from Foxconn. They are owned by Hon Hai which makes all the reference boards anyways. They have the highest factory overclock so you wouldnt even have to mess with it. And you wouldnt have to worry about voiding any warranty or anything. Not saying OCing will void a warranty as if they woudl know. haha. BUt they have a pretty good product.

flooder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
I currently have the eVGA 8800 GTS 320 on the eVGA Motherboard. It is a very good videocard.
But, the Leadtek price and MHz is very tempting. If I were you...I would say get the Leadtek. :D

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Thanks for the replies.

I actually have zero experience on overlocking so i would prefer to leave the card untouched... but oh well, if the gain is worth doing it then i guess i would.

Why do you think evga's card is more expensive that leadtek's, even with slower speed?... prestige? lol

I think ill be gettin the Leadtek, i would like the Foxconn but its $30 more and it comes with a gamepad (which i would absolutely would not use, i just want the freaking card :evil: )

Leadtek wins..?

hehe.

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
i actually only checked on newegg.., since everything im buying is from that site.

i think ill be ok with leadtek..? :?

aLdaRiS

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
get evga they r supposed to be the "best" ones, and just IN CASE, they have a step up program. (read about it) cos i dont have time to explain it. :) either than or the foxconn which ive heard a lot of good things bout it... either way...

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
I know that evga is the most popular brand among those, and i know about the step up program, and i cant do it since i dont like in the US.

Can you explain be why do you think i should get the evga if i dont plan on overlocking, and im not using the step up progam? teh evga is costs more, and it has lower core and memory speeds than the Leadtek.

evga's reputation> Leadtek's higher speeds?

Im leaning towards the Leadtek :twisted:

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004
what about this one?

MSI GeForce 8800 GTS Overclocked Edition 320MB

GPU: 575MHz
Memory: 1700MHz

270 After Rebate with free shipping

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=327720

FTW. leadtek is s!tty, and its a terror to rma back to them

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
what about this one?

MSI GeForce 8800 GTS Overclocked Edition 320MB

GPU: 575MHz
Memory: 1700MHz

270 After Rebate with free shipping

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=327720

FTW. leadtek is s!tty, and its a terror to rma back to them

u mean MSI ftw? or leadtek..

aLdaRiS

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
ive heard 2 many ppl complain about the msi a friend of mine said he had to rma his msi 8800gts twice, cos of overheating i think or due to artifact showing it was sumthin related to the card w/e it was and it was twice... that he had to do it.. thats why i dont like msi's that much... cos even myself i had a msi 6800gt and it would fps drop once in a while outta da blue, even without overheatin or anything,myself i dont like MSI. yeah evga has the better reputation, tbh i havent heard much from leadtek... i myself have an asus one, thats runnin @ 600/1800mhz, thats with an aftermarket cooler (HR-03 PLUS) and it doesnt hit 50c, even under FULL LOAD, plus the fan is a 92mm and is runnin at 1300rpm when it should be doing 2600, lol... only con is the size, i had to take out one of my sound cards.. to fit this thinginto the case ;p but overall i really love it.

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
ive heard 2 many ppl complain about the msi a friend of mine said he had to rma his msi 8800gts twice, cos of overheating i think. yeah evga has the better reputation, tbh i havent heard much from leadtek... i myself have an asus one, thats runnin @ 600/1800mhz, thats with an aftermarket cooler (HR-03 PLUS) and it doesnt hit 50c, even under FULL LOAD, plus the fan is a 92mm and is runnin at 1300rpm when it should be doing 2600, lol... only con is the size, i had to take out one of my sound cards.. to fit this thinginto the case ;p but overall i really love it.

Hehe.. it looks good, if i buy the Leadtek, should i leave the stock cooling fan or should i add something else?

for the CPU im allrdy gonna buy a Zalman 9500, so that shouyld help to the overall computer's temp.

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004
MSI is good and has been good to me... Im not saying Evga or the others are bad, its just within your options and the best bang-for-your-buck, MSI wins, plus it come pre-overclocked so you dont have to hassle yourself with it.

Armanox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
Well to clear ur mind a little bit.

I have the leadtec 8800gts witch i only can recommend. The card is awesome and really is worth it. With my sistem i get 7500 3dmark06@stock and when i pull up my cpu to 2,9Ghz on stock cooling i get 8800 3dmark06. Didn't try to overclock the 8800, but will definitely do some other time (just to see how far it can go)...

Just make sure u have a nice PSU to fuel this baby up...

8)

zoridon

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
I just orderd the MSI card from Zip Zoom Fly yesterday. Pre overclocked and only $275 after rebate with the game "Company of Heroes" and free shipping. When the Quad Core E6600 drops to under $250 I'll make the leap from my x3800 oc. Should scale very well If I get a good experience with MSI I'll post.

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Well i think the best bang-for-buck is still the Leadtek, which is the cheapest of all and is slightly overlocked. I think ill be getting that one, and after i get it ill post the 3dmark06 results or something.

how much should i be gettin (3dmark) with a Pentium D 820 + 2 GB DDR2 667Mhz + GTS-320 (Leadtek)?

PS - i know the PD is not a C2D but i cant upgrade the cpu right now. on the other hand, the vid card will be a huge upgrade from what i have. Ive been told i should be ok with this CPU, even tho in some games it will bottleneck a bit, but for games like FEAR or Oblivion i would take a great advantage of the card..

what should i be getting?

Ill check Toms benchs to compare both results.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Stay away from Leadtek. I have the 640MB 8800GTS. I bought it from Newegg and there was a rebate going at the time so I cut off the UPC and sent it to Leadtek. I was dumb and waited 2 days to actually test the card in games and sure enough its got a bad thermal sensor and the fan never speeds up as the temperature increases, so eventually the whole PC hardlocks as the 8800 overheats. So I contact Newegg for an RMA and they can't help me since I cut off the UPC. So I try phone Leadtek... support number rings and rings and nobody ever picks up and there's not even a voicemail that picks up. So I email them 3 or 4 times with no response, so I call Newegg and they contact Leadtek for me via email and Leadtek emails me in broken engrish that since I bought the card from Newegg that Newegg is responsible for the first year of warranty. So I email another 3 or 4 times to get that straightened out and they say send the card in for repair. There's no cross ship and they won't give me a different card they'll only fix this one that I bought brand new about a week earlier. So I say screw that and just use NTune now to manually boost the fan to 100% before I game. The other part of the story.. .they never sent the rebate check either. Avoid like the plague. Get an EVga card.

rodr

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Stay away from Leadtek. I have the 640MB 8800GTS. I bought it from Newegg and there was a rebate going at the time so I cut off the UPC and sent it to Leadtek. I was dumb and waited 2 days to actually test the card in games and sure enough its got a bad thermal sensor and the fan never speeds up as the temperature increases, so eventually the whole PC hardlocks as the 8800 overheats. So I contact Newegg for an RMA and they can't help me since I cut off the UPC. So I try phone Leadtek... support number rings and rings and nobody ever picks up and there's not even a voicemail that picks up. So I email them 3 or 4 times with no response, so I call Newegg and they contact Leadtek for me via email and Leadtek emails me in broken engrish that since I bought the card from Newegg that Newegg is responsible for the first year of warranty. So I email another 3 or 4 times to get that straightened out and they say send the card in for repair. There's no cross ship and they won't give me a different card they'll only fix this one that I bought brand new about a week earlier. So I say screw that and just use NTune now to manually boost the fan to 100% before I game. The other part of the story.. .they never sent the rebate check either. Avoid like the plague. Get an EVga card.

man that sucks... really. 8O

WOuld u recommend me to OC the evga card even tho i have no experience in overlocking? how far would i be able to go?

remember i have a pre-built and i dont know if i can overlock, i dont even know if it has something to do with it. but oh well...

dude you confused me :x , i was gonna get Leadtek's.

theres still good opinions about em tho..

:?

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004
Look we are all telling you that leadtek does not make good quality cards. Theres a reason that EVGA MSI ASUS etc. are known better than leadtek, better reputation, better service, quality, assurance and less chance of a breakdown, would you really cheap out by a few bucks and get a huge upset by getting a leadtek? or save yourself that pain and just get an MSI or EVGA whatever you want just not Leadtek.

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
If I was you, I'd avoid MSI nVidia cards. Why? For starters, check here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1071342

Anyway, I am interested in eVGA and Foxconn cards. Could someone advise and recommend?:

eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB ($365) or nVidia Foxconn 8800 GTS OC 640MB ($465) or nVidia Foxconn 8800 GTS OC 320MB ($365)

note: Those are Canadian prices (i.e. Cdn funds).

Latest posts