Sound Issue (possibly driver)

Rayko

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Hello guys

Got my new gaming PC yesterday and so far everything went smooth. It's running a Vista Ultimate 64bit
Now I do have a problem with my 5.1 surround sound! Only my 2 front speakes and subwoofer actually work... (thus the center speaker and both rear speakers don't) I've checked the Configuration Wizard for "Speakers" several times, and during that wizard all 5 speakers and the woofer work!
I've checked the driver several times, it's a Realtek ALC1200 chipset on a PQ5 Pro motherboard

anyone know a possible fix for this please?

thanks in advance!

My Creatives did the exact same thing, they worked during the test, all speakers front and rear, but I could never get anything out of the rear during games or music. They worked in XP, IIRC, though it's foggy now. I never got to the bottom of it. These speakers I had dated back to mid nineties and didn't do 5.1 - just 4 satellites and a sub. As soon as I hooked up the new Logitechs everything worked great. I could have been doing something wrong I guess. I only mention this because like yours mine worked during the sound card test utility but not elsewhere.