Running Multiple Users at the same time

c911darkwolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Goal: To get multiple users using the same computer. I.e. have 2x mice, keyboards, monitors running 2 separate versions at the same time.
Basically something similar to 2 separate computers, but using the same computer.

Thoughts: I eventually want to try low end gaming on this, but for now just windows browsing is something id like to try. I'm at the point that I think my ideal operating system would be linux. It's geared more towards this purpose then windows. My system is a quad core with 4 gigs DDR 3 ram so speed there should be ok.

Software: After some research i heard that Xserver might be what I'm looking for. Any thoughts on it or suggestions for other software? I'm new to xserver so i wanted to get some advice on if it's what I'm really looking for before i set it up.

Hardware: I basically have multiples of everything, but 2 things. I only have 1harddrive (500gigs 80% free) and video cards. Now i can partition my hard drive into 2 separate drives if that is needed. My concern is my video card. I have a on board Radeon card (3xxxx) something.. its good enough to run wow, and i have a PCI express GTX 275 Nvidia(this card has 2x monitor plugs). Can both accounts run off my Nvidia card? can i have one account using my on board and the other my GTX275 ?

SO any thoughts, suggestions, and feed back is greatly appreciated. Mostly need some feedback on 2 things. How to handle my video cards and What software to use?