D3 Released!

Oooh! Looks like it will be in the stores August 5th. Now I wonder if
my old machine can come close to running it. (sigh)
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3133463

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

If your system can handle the "Farcry"
demo that you can download, I guess it
could probably handle Doom3 (This is
only a guess)

Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> Oooh! Looks like it will be in the stores August 5th. Now I wonder if
> my old machine can come close to running it. (sigh)
> http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3133463
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Whoaa. Hold the phone. Demo? I've seen the trailers, the screen
shots, but never a demo. Proving once again that I just fell off the
turnip truck. Where can a feller get a hold of this here demo?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:33:48 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:

>If your system can handle the "Farcry"
>demo that you can download, I guess it
>could probably handle Doom3 (This is
>only a guess)

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

The final game has to be a lot more
optimized than the leaked demo.

EvilBill wrote:
> What! Why is sticks <sticks@nospam.com> here?? All these interruptions
> are enough to make one insane!!
>
>>If your system can handle the "Farcry"
>>demo that you can download, I guess it
>>could probably handle Doom3 (This is
>>only a guess)
>>

> I've seen the leaked Doom3 alpha and it runs on my system (slow, but it
> does run). I wonder if the final game will run, heh.

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

The demo I mentioned was of "Farcry", which
is not an ID software game but is hardware
demanding. That demo you can download from
many game sites. I don't know where you can
get the Doom3 test beta that was leaked last
year.

"sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The demo I mentioned was of "Farcry", which
> is not an ID software game but is hardware
> demanding. That demo you can download from
> many game sites. I don't know where you can
> get the Doom3 test beta that was leaked last
> year.
>
> Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> > Whoaa. Hold the phone. Demo? I've seen the trailers, the screen
> > shots, but never a demo. Proving once again that I just fell off the
> > turnip truck. Where can a feller get a hold of this here demo?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just assuming that my system that handles
Unreal Tournament 2004 pretty well will handle D3. Athalon XP 2800, Geforce
4 Ti4800 se, 1 gig. RAM.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Whoaa. Hold the phone. Demo? I've seen the trailers, the screen
> shots, but never a demo. Proving once again that I just fell off the
> turnip truck. Where can a feller get a hold of this here demo?

the doom3 demo is not out yet. It will not be out until well after the full
game ships.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

"OscartheGrouch" <tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just assuming that my system that handles
> Unreal Tournament 2004 pretty well will handle D3. Athalon XP 2800,
Geforce
> 4 Ti4800 se, 1 gig. RAM.

It should run it, the question is, how well? And how many details will need
to be turned off?

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

David

"sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
> many game sites. I don't know where you can
> get the Doom3 test beta that was leaked last
> year.

It was, to be technical, an alpha test and never meant for public
consumption.
If you do a search on google youll find articles about it.
Sounds like something I can live without.

Anyway Im shocked because they had said it would be out in December
so thats nice they are more or less done with it. I think Ill get it
after they have patched it about a billion times. ;-P
If my system runs it that is. I think I can upgrade the cpu and vid card.

Todd

"EvilBill" <evilbill25@freeuk.com> wrote:

>I'd imagine so; I'm still not sure how well an aging Athlon XP 2100+
>with 256Mb of RAM and a Radeon 9200 will handle it, though.

My system is only an 1800+. I'm sure yours will run the game, but
probably only if you set resolution and everything really low.

I don't know what generation a 9200 is, but I'd recommend at least
doubling your RAM.

Todd

sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:

>The demo I mentioned was of "Farcry", which
>is not an ID software game but is hardware
>demanding. That demo you can download from
>many game sites. I don't know where you can
>get the Doom3 test beta that was leaked last
>year.

There will be a Doom 3 demo though, won't there?

It should be released soon, so they can get the patch out as soon as
the game is released. (Do you really think otherwise?)

Todd

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote:

>the doom3 demo is not out yet. It will not be out until well after the full
>game ships.

Seriously?

Everyone else releases the demo first, so they can find the bugs and
get a patch out on the day the game is released.

Also, if the demo doesn't play, people won't have to spend they're
money on the game until they can afford to upgrade.

"Todd" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Seriously?
>
> Everyone else releases the demo first, so they can find the bugs and
> get a patch out on the day the game is released.

seriously, id wanted to concentrate on the full game first and foremost.
Now that the game has gone gold, they will now devote time to getting the
demo ready.