Quake 2 3D screen shot.

Last response: in Video Games
July 16, 2004 8:35:57 AM

Hi Quakers,

Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't remember if I showed one of these
here. It's a single screen shot in 3D. No glasses needed. The effect
is called shift stereo. Full screen looks best, so hit F11.

Most people report seeing depth, like looking into a tank instead of
a monitor. Some report wanting to hurl. Caveat Emptor.
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/quake23d.swf

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

More about : quake screen shot

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 12:31:34 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't remember if I showed one of these
> here. It's a single screen shot in 3D. No glasses needed. The effect
> is called shift stereo. Full screen looks best, so hit F11.
>
> Most people report seeing depth, like looking into a tank instead of
> a monitor. Some report wanting to hurl. Caveat Emptor.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/quake23d.swf
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Hi Tom,
Nice shot! BTW, I think I know why the "Genome Project" looked the way
it did on your computer. Are you running quake2 in software mode? I tried
it with mine and got the same results you described.

I'll probably be playing doom online this weekend, co-op hopefully. Let me
know if anybody's interested. (skulltag/zdaemon)
http://www.codeimp.com/connector_info.php

G.
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 1:51:56 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't remember if I showed one of these
> here. It's a single screen shot in 3D. No glasses needed. The effect
> is called shift stereo. Full screen looks best, so hit F11.
>
> Most people report seeing depth, like looking into a tank instead of
> a monitor. Some report wanting to hurl. Caveat Emptor.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/quake23d.swf
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

If your in need of a graphics card, I have an old voodoo2 I could send ya.
Works great with q2. Well, better than software anyway.

G.
July 17, 2004 10:51:21 PM

>If your in need of a graphics card, I have an old voodoo2 I could send ya.
>Works great with q2. Well, better than software anyway.
>
>G.

Hi George,

Yes, I'm in software video mode. Thanks much for offering the card.
I'd want to pay you for it of course. Please drop me an email so we
can work out the details. Thanks again.

Best,
Tom

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 1:39:17 AM

> >If your in need of a graphics card, I have an old voodoo2 I could send
ya.
> >Works great with q2. Well, better than software anyway.
> >
> >G.
> >

> Hi George,
>
> Yes, I'm in software video mode. Thanks much for offering the card.
> I'd want to pay you for it of course. Please drop me an email so we
> can work out the details. Thanks again.
>
> Best,
> Tom
>
> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Hi Tom,
If you are concerned about price you can get a ATi Rage Pro 8mb for
about $20 at CompUSA. The voodoo2 isn't much better than that.

G.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 6:30:25 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message

> Yes, I'm in software video mode. Thanks much for offering the card.
> I'd want to pay you for it of course. Please drop me an email so we
> can work out the details. Thanks again.

you could check ebay for a geforce 3. I was just looking, and you could
get some in the $20-$30. That would be an excellant upgrade. I still use
one in one of my gaming machines. Or something thought I would never
recommend, but if you are on a tight budget and only play older games, a
geforce fx5200 128mb for only $55 at http://www.newegg.com

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...

"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:l5-dnZE1hPPbSWTdRVn-iQ@comcast.com...

> "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> >

> > >If your in need of a graphics card, I have an old voodoo2 I could send
> ya.
> > >Works great with q2. Well, better than software anyway.
> > >
> > >G.
> > >

> > Hi George,
> >
> > Yes, I'm in software video mode. Thanks much for offering the card.
> > I'd want to pay you for it of course. Please drop me an email so we
> > can work out the details. Thanks again.

?????

I don't understand, graphic cards are so cheap. Go to the next local
Computer shop and get a GeForce 2.
That's more than good enough for these good old games.

I use one of these too :)
July 20, 2004 10:32:35 PM

Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> Hi Quakers,
>
> Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't remember if I showed one of these
> here. It's a single screen shot in 3D. No glasses needed. The effect
> is called shift stereo. Full screen looks best, so hit F11.
>
> Most people report seeing depth, like looking into a tank instead of
> a monitor. Some report wanting to hurl. Caveat Emptor.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/quake23d.swf

?? It just jumps left & right for me, I see no depth effect..

Cheers
rowan
July 21, 2004 2:37:00 AM

Margolis wrote:

>> ?? It just jumps left & right for me, I see no depth effect..
>
> yup, that is the same thing I saw.

It's a poor excuse for a stereoscopic effect.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:59:12 PM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't remember if I showed one of these
> here. It's a single screen shot in 3D. No glasses needed. The effect
> is called shift stereo. Full screen looks best, so hit F11.
>
> Most people report seeing depth, like looking into a tank instead of
> a monitor. Some report wanting to hurl. Caveat Emptor.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/quake23d.swf
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Hm, thats an intriguing idea...
What if i could make it like capture a 3D "hologram" instead of a bland 2D
shot...oh wow i'm going to be busy.
!