Sign in with
Your question

PC SPEC: ANY GOOD? WHY?

Last response: in Systems
May 17, 2007 9:37:40 PM

Pc spec? any good? why?

wish to build a computer for my educational use, like word typing, creating web pages, storing wedding pictures (really loads of them), want to store them on dvd, i lalso use programming languages like, visual basic, python etc to make programmes.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz
Gigabyte GA M59SLI-S4 AM2
250GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE
1024 MB RAM
LiteOn DH-18A1P-18C 18X DVDRW
Microsoft Windows XP

Can you tell me if the above specification is any good?

And also processor and motherboard compatible with each other?

any improvements needed?

can i ask why is it good?

More about : spec good

May 17, 2007 9:48:28 PM

firt you will need a power supply a computer isn't much good if you can't turn it on. second a case will be needed to hold it all. another gig of ram would be good for future use and won't be much more money. You will need a graphics card because that board doesn't have onboard video. so i can help pick out those if you give me a price range
May 17, 2007 10:17:36 PM

What RAM will you use? make sure its 800MHz cause the AMD chips can really benefit from that.

I would recommend this set

As for PSU first you need a graphic card and then decide on one.
Related resources
May 17, 2007 10:35:18 PM

Yeah, more RAM. Upgrading the hard drive to a 320gig shouldn't cost much more either.

If you're not gaming or doing huge amounst of rendering, you should get a cheaper chip. If you are rendering, you would probably be better off with a C2D, as they are having massive price reductions soon.

You will be much better off with a graphics card than integrated graphics.

evga 7600gt $90 after MIR
May 17, 2007 10:43:58 PM

If you are going to make some serious development with Visual Studio, I do recommend get another GB of ram, with 1 GB it runs fine but soon you will need more. Currently I'm using it with 512 and I can't stand it anymore!
May 17, 2007 11:29:34 PM

SATA DVD-BURNER

LiteOn LH-20A1S 20x20 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive, SATA (Retail)
Pioneer DVR-212D 18x18x10 Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, SATA, Black
Samsung SH-S183A 18x18 Dual Layer DVD+/-RW, SATA, Black

Card Reader, Photography?

Processor Box should say AM2

any case Ideas?

SLI?
!