Picture and Fax Viewer Default

On one of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in the
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

On another of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in
Microsoft Photo Editor. Don't know where to go to set the default to the
Picture and Fax Viewer.

Can anyone help me out?
4 answers Last reply
More about picture viewer default

    Right click any JPG and select "open with..."
    Click "choose program"
    Select a program (for example: picture and fax viewer)
    Place a check next to "always use the selected program to open this kind of
    file".

    "BK" <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> wrote in message
    > On one of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in the
    > Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > On another of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in
    > Microsoft Photo Editor. Don't know where to go to set the default to the
    > Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out?

    Open My Computer or an Explorer (not Internet Explorer) window. Then click
    Tools, Folder Options, File types. Now scroll through the extensions until
    you find the one that you want to change. Click the extension and then
    click Change. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will be one of your choices.
    Click it and also click the box that says "Always use the selected program
    to open this type of file".

    When you install another program that is capable of opening this type of
    file, watch closely when installing. Often you will have the choice of
    whether or not to associate files with the newly installed program.
    Sometimes, you are not given a choice and the program will automatically
    change the association.

    PattyL

    "BK" <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> wrote in message
    > On one of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in the
    > Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > On another of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in
    > Microsoft Photo Editor. Don't know where to go to set the default to the
    > Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out?

    Thanks for the help.

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Right click any JPG and select "open with..."
    > Click "choose program"
    > Select a program (for example: picture and fax viewer)
    > Place a check next to "always use the selected program to open this kind
    > of file".
    >
    > "BK" <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> wrote in message
    >> On one of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in the
    >> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >>
    >> On another of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in
    >> Microsoft Photo Editor. Don't know where to go to set the default to the
    >> Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out?

    Thanks so much for the assistance.

    "PattyL" <pattyl@XXmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Open My Computer or an Explorer (not Internet Explorer) window. Then
    > click Tools, Folder Options, File types. Now scroll through the
    > extensions until you find the one that you want to change. Click the
    > extension and then click Change. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will be
    > one of your choices. Click it and also click the box that says "Always use
    > the selected program to open this type of file".
    >
    > When you install another program that is capable of opening this type of
    > file, watch closely when installing. Often you will have the choice of
    > whether or not to associate files with the newly installed program.
    > Sometimes, you are not given a choice and the program will automatically
    > change the association.
    >
    > PattyL
    >

    > "BK" <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> wrote in message
    >> On one of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in the
    >> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >>
    >> On another of my XP machines, when I double click a picture, it opens in
    >> Microsoft Photo Editor. Don't know where to go to set the default to the
    >> Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out?

Default Fax Microsoft Windows XP