Sign in with
Your question

Need help overcloking RAM and CPU

Last response: in Overclocking
May 17, 2007 10:48:03 PM

OK here's my problem and what I am working with. Intel E6600 running currently at ~2.88Ghz and ~1280.05FSB. I have 2GB (2 x 1GB) GSkill DDR2 PC2-6400 (400MHz) running at 4-4-4-12. Also have an ASUS P5B-Delux w/ WiFi (ver. 1004 01/22/2007).

So here's my problem: I've obviously got the CPU up to ~2.88GHz, but whenever I try overclocking the RAM, either frequency or voltage (I've read other places of people overclocking this RAM to over 1000MHz and 2.30 or 2.35v) my computer doesn't boot. This is my first self-built computer, so I'm fairly new to overclocking, but as far as I've read, your CPU can only go so far until your RAM speed has to be increased, so I try using the overclocking utility software that came with the board, but all the setting combinations I've tried won't boot. The BIOS obviously offers more precise timings and settings than the software, but I can't seem to find a stable area for the computer to boot to.

So basically I need to know where to increase the RAM to to allow me to further overclock my CPU, and if I need to change the RAM timings, which I've looked for in the BIOS, but I can't seem to find anywhere. So, any help will be appreciated, and if you need any more info, just post.

Thanks-

More about : overcloking ram cpu

!