How to install wine on ubuntu?

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
hello all,my question is:i am running ubuntu on my netbook and i want to install wine on it.but when i downloaded the package and i made the reposetory or something like that and i try to install the program then a message pops up and it says: CD/DVD 'Ubuntu 11.04 _Natty Narwhal_ - Release amd64 (20110427.1)' is required

Please insert the above CD/DVD into the drive '/cdrom/' to install software packages from it.

the problem is :I DONT HAVE A CD ROM DRIVE AND I HAVE NO CD FROM WINE.i downloaded the wine package(the right package according to me,but i am only a human so i can make a mistake) from winehq.com and followed the instruction(yes,i have readed the instructions carefully).does anybody knows how i can solve this please?thanks a lot,guys!!! any tips about ubuntu are also welcome(i am new with ubuntu). :bounce:

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

best skittle,like i wrote before:I HAVE READED THE INSTRUCTIONS,but i don't understand where i am doing something wrong,i dont see in the instructions how i must solve the cd rom problem for installing wine on ubuntu.can you tell me please WHERE EXACTLY that i am doing something wrong with the installation,please?(for example is it the version of the package or is it something else?)thanks for helping. :bounce:

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

hi,thanks for the help,IT WORKED,THE INSTALLATION WAS COMPLETED WITH SUCCES AND FLAWLESS!!!!!!THANKS AGAIN ! :bounce:

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED,PROBLEM SOLVED.