Sign in with
Your question

Game Hosting From Home?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 28, 2007 5:41:45 AM

Ok. I have Windows Xp Pro Sp2, High Speed Cable, Linksys WRT54GL router. I was wondering if it would be possible to host games from my computer. I configured a NO-IP.com name and install Dynsite, but when I enter the info it does not update. How could I make it possible to host games like Ut2004, Dark Crusade, F.E.A.R and others. Please help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks.

More about : game hosting home

July 28, 2007 10:47:45 PM

Hi Paq7512

I found that you can't host any FPS games since most internet providers in the uk restrict your Upload speed to 256Kilobits (8kilobits = 1kilobyte), so you can't really handle anymore than 4 players even at the best of times! :( 

Otherwise I've got the same problem as you, I don't really understand how to host games, I think it may have something to with dsiabling your Routers firewall, but I wouldn't advise that myself. :D 

Anyhow, sorry I Couldn't be of much help!
July 29, 2007 7:18:43 AM

I am in the USA. Thanks though.
Related resources
August 1, 2007 5:00:32 PM

well if your using no-ip.com I would suggest using there dynamic update client. I assume since your gaming your in windows. I used it before for controlling my internet radio station.

http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php?page=win

August 12, 2007 5:02:17 AM

Awesome I got that, now what should I do?
August 13, 2007 6:17:16 PM

Well you basically set up a website that forwards to a specific port on your computer typcially people use this for web hosting for game hosting I have no idea.
!