Shaddox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I'm one of the many AMD users out there that have been gotten the short end of the stick when it came to SP2 and SP3. But now Microsoft has released a hotfix for the endless reboots, the only problem is I don't know if it's possible to make it work if I were to slipstream it into a XP cd.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/windows-xp-sp3-amd-stop-0x0000007E.html

softwarepatch.com says that you need to have SP2 installed first before installing SP3 for this fix to work but what do you guys think? DEP disabling has worked before and still does but it slows down my boot process. Thanks :)

Shaddox

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Unfortunately I had the endless rebooting problem back in SP2 as well, but I'm willing to give this fix a shot. I've been scouring sites all over but I haven't been able to find whether or not this fix will work if slipstreamed into a xp cd with sp2 already on it.

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
That patch is only for a specific issue involving OEM systems that shipped with Windows XP preloaded. e.g. HP, Compaq, Mesh Computers, and others.

If your system did not come from an OEM or was not loaded from an OEM system image, the patch is not applicable.