Saturday Night Co-op session

I am hosting a standard quake2 co-op game at 24.217.163.209

come and have some fun ;o) It will be up until sometime sunday morning.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > I am hosting a standard quake2 co-op game at 24.217.163.209
    >
    > come and have some fun ;o) It will be up until sometime sunday morning.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Margolis

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    > http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Nice faqs. Did you ever play Unreal co-op? I'm sure there are servers up
    right now. I'd host a co-op Unreal game if anyone's interested.

    G.

    Your server has already been invaded by cheaters.

    8:08 edt.

    G.

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > I am hosting a standard quake2 co-op game at 24.217.163.209
    >
    > come and have some fun ;o) It will be up until sometime sunday morning.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Margolis

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    > http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    I came in at about 10:30. It was fun for about an hour till some clown
    "Farter" showed up. He got a grenade launcher somehow and fragged
    everyone. Sad that one bottom feeder can spoil a good thing.

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:08:53 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
    <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Your server has already been invaded by cheaters.
    >
    >8:08 edt.
    >
    >G.
    >
    >"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    >> I am hosting a standard quake2 co-op game at 24.217.163.209
    >>
    >> come and have some fun ;o) It will be up until sometime sunday morning.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Margolis
    >>
    >http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    >> http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Best,
    Tom

    My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    The addresses below are those of spammers.
    You can ignore them.
    They will get what they deserve.
    mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > I came in at about 10:30. It was fun for about an hour till some clown
    > "Farter" showed up. He got a grenade launcher somehow and fragged
    > everyone. Sad that one bottom feeder can spoil a good thing.

    I had to finally end it after I had no way to ban farter. I kicked him the
    first time and he stayed away for quite a while and sbx and I got to play
    until midnight peacefully. Then at midnight The Farter joined up again, I
    kicked him dozens of times and finally gave up and quit since I couldn't ban
    him.

    --

    > "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    >> I came in at about 10:30. It was fun for about an hour till some
    >> clown "Farter" showed up. He got a grenade launcher somehow and
    >> fragged everyone. Sad that one bottom feeder can spoil a good thing.
    >
    > I had to finally end it after I had no way to ban farter. I kicked
    > him the first time and he stayed away for quite a while and sbx and I
    > got to play until midnight peacefully.

    Yeah it was fun, thanks. Why can't you ban him? Isn't there a way to
    add an IP mask to ban an entire block of addresses?

    --
    <SB-X>

    "Es Bee Eks" <mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote in message

    > Yeah it was fun, thanks. Why can't you ban him? Isn't there a way to
    > add an IP mask to ban an entire block of addresses?
    >
    > --
    > <SB-X>

    If I had one of George's admin programs I could probably have banned him.
    But quake2 by itself doesn't have any banning capabilities that I know of.

    --

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Nice faqs. Did you ever play Unreal co-op? I'm sure there are servers up
    > right now. I'd host a co-op Unreal game if anyone's interested.
    >
    > G.

    We have played a little unreal co-op here on my lan, but never went very
    far. Since the game didn't have a save feature, and you lose all your
    weapons when you die the levels started getting too hard to progress thru.
    I was always hoping that they would add a save game feature, but there at
    the end they decided against it. That being said, I would probably be up
    for a co-op session sometime, unreal is a great game. Just wish the co-op
    play worked like quake2's co-op play so that you started up after dying with
    the weapons you had when you first started that level.

    --

    > "Es Bee Eks" <mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote in message
    >> Yeah it was fun, thanks. Why can't you ban him? Isn't there a way to
    >> add an IP mask to ban an entire block of addresses?
    >>
    > If I had one of George's admin programs I could probably have banned
    > him. But quake2 by itself doesn't have any banning capabilities that I
    > know of.

    What about sv addip? I havn't hosted a dedicated server so I don't
    know anything about it; I just read it in the console doc.

    --

    > What about sv addip? I havn't hosted a dedicated server so I don't
    > know anything about it; I just read it in the console doc.

    Upon further inspection, it didn't work. Should have tried it to
    begin with. Why does my console doc list that at all?

    --
    <SB-X>

    Margolis <someone@somewhere.org> wrote:

    > If I had one of George's admin programs I could probably have banned him.
    > But quake2 by itself doesn't have any banning capabilities that I know of.

    try using linux's netfilter, or freebsd's pf... depending on system you
    use

    other systems, of course, have firewall capabilities, too, eg. windows'
    zonealarm

    using a firewall is a must these days, i wonder why people still bother
    not installing it...

    --
    Stanis³aw Halik, http://weirdo.drzwi.org

    "Stanis³aw Halik" <weirdo@drzwi.org> wrote in message
    > Margolis <someone@somewhere.org> wrote:
    >

    > try using linux's netfilter, or freebsd's pf... depending on system you
    > use
    >
    > other systems, of course, have firewall capabilities, too, eg. windows'
    > zonealarm
    >
    > using a firewall is a must these days, i wonder why people still bother
    > not installing it...

    who say's I don't have a firewall running? And what makes you think I don't
    have 2 firewalls? I have zonealarm on all of my pc's and they are behind
    a linksys router with it's built in NAT firewall.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Margolis <someone@somewhere.org> wrote:

    > who say's I don't have a firewall running? And what makes you think I don't
    > have 2 firewalls? I have zonealarm on all of my pc's and they are behind
    > a linksys router with it's built in NAT firewall.

    so why haven't you filtered this player then? with a packet filter, banning
    feature is not needed anymore

    regards,
    --

    > so why haven't you filtered this player then? with a packet filter,
    banning
    > feature is not needed anymore

    because I don't run these servers on a regular basis, and I am not a network
    guru. I thought about trying to block it with zonealarm, but I was afraid I
    would end up blocking everybody, so I didn't try. And I am not sure how to
    do it with the router. I will have to look into this and see what I can
    come up with.

    If you can provide any info at all on this I would appreciate it. But at
    least you seem to have pointed me along the way.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Margolis <someone@somewhere.org> wrote:

    > because I don't run these servers on a regular basis, and I am not a network
    > guru. I thought about trying to block it with zonealarm, but I was afraid I
    > would end up blocking everybody, so I didn't try. And I am not sure how to
    > do it with the router. I will have to look into this and see what I can
    > come up with.

    > If you can provide any info at all on this I would appreciate it. But at
    > least you seem to have pointed me along the way.

    i'm not a windows user, looks like i can't supply you with exact
    parameters needed to filter a connection to your quake2 server

    every reasonable firewall should have a possibility to filter specific
    address/port range, try using these params when filtering incoming
    connections:

    port: 27910
    protocol: udp
    ip address: you should have it already

    in linux's iptables it'd look like this:

    /usr/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p udp -s ip_address --dport 27910 -j DROP

    it should be similar in your firewall program

    regards

    --
    Stanis³aw Halik, http://weirdo.drzwi.org

    These parameters absolutely will not work with a windows system so what's the
    point? Its obvious she running a windows OS.

    Since he didn't quote the original thread its hard to tell what you are trying
    to do? Ban a specific ip address from your server or is someone trying some
    malicious activity on your machine?

    If they are simply port scanning your machine, nat and zone alarm should more
    than provide adequate protection!

    Doc

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:48:34 +0000 (UTC), Stanis³aw Halik <weirdo@drzwi.org>
    wrote:

    >i'm not a windows user, looks like i can't supply you with exact
    >parameters needed to filter a connection to your quake2 server
    >
    >every reasonable firewall should have a possibility to filter specific
    >address/port range, try using these params when filtering incoming
    >connections:
    >
    >port: 27910
    >protocol: udp
    >ip address: you should have it already
    >
    >in linux's iptables it'd look like this:
    >
    >/usr/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p udp -s ip_address --dport 27910 -j DROP
    >
    >it should be similar in your firewall program
    >
    >regards

Games Video Games