Sign in with
Your question

Memory issues for Vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
August 15, 2008 5:25:16 AM

So, I'm not sure what the heck happened, but Vista recently has had issues with a lack of Memory, but the same amount has been used since the get-go. It averages around 75% and 80%, but lately it complains that there isn't enough Memory and wants me to close certain programs, the ones I am mainly using and it's getting annoying. I've run Spybot and then downloaded Kaspersky and installed it, which got rid of Spybot btw, but it found trojans that avast! didn't find. It got rid of them, but they may have been around before it started happening. I thought it was because I installed SP1, but got rid of it and it started working slightly better. I also thought it might've been contributed to the newest version of iTunes, which I've been told has been known to ruin computers? I don't know, but that's what I've been told. I have no external currently to back-up all my stuff and just get rid of Vista and go back to XP Pro, but I wondered if there was anything I could do to get rid of this problem until I can actually afford my external and not have to deal with it constantly crashing?

More about : memory issues vista

August 15, 2008 10:06:06 AM

make sure ur drivers are up to date, use the trial version of Nod32 antivirus it will find any virus's on ur machine and should make things a bit more usable
m
l
August 15, 2008 12:14:25 PM

how much ram do you have installed?
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2008 9:51:49 PM

I have a gig of RAM and I'll try that anti-virus, but to be honest, the best AV I've encountered was Kaspersky, but thanks and I'll try it =) Also, I'll see if there are any new drivers as well
m
l
August 19, 2008 3:57:43 AM

buy more ram an install it, it will fix the lack of memory problems.
m
l
August 19, 2008 7:38:25 AM

Vista used about 1gb of ram to run on its own, you need about 4gb to run it nicely. Its alot, but itl be worth it.
m
l
!