"Roughnecks" mod co-op server?

sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in news:41034F6C.2080902@nospam.com:
> If anyone has the Q2 Roughnecks mod
> installed and wants a co-op game I
> can throw up a server sometime.

I just got it this week so I'm interested! It wasn't so interesting in
SP mode (what's with the soldiers just standing around?) but might be
fun MP. I also want to play Stroggs Gone Mad.

--
<SB-X>

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:47:23 -0500, Es Bee Eks
<mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote:

>sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in news:41034F6C.2080902@nospam.com:
>> If anyone has the Q2 Roughnecks mod
>> installed and wants a co-op game I
>> can throw up a server sometime.
>
>I just got it this week so I'm interested! It wasn't so interesting in
>SP mode (what's with the soldiers just standing around?) but might be
>fun MP. I also want to play Stroggs Gone Mad.

I took a brief look at it. The soldiers mostly stand around, but do
help a bit. If a bug is after you, run to a group of them. They will
put up a little cover fire.

I've seen them move a bit too. They are not very motivated for a brisk
hike. They just shamble a short way and go back to zombie mode.

To tell the truth, I didn't really study the docs. There might be a
way to order them into action.

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

The "soldiers" have very little
functionality, but they are a
little bit amusing to look at.
You cannot give any commands to
them that I know of.

Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:47:23 -0500, Es Bee Eks
> <mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote:
>
>.
>

> I took a brief look at it. The soldiers mostly stand around, but do
> help a bit. If a bug is after you, run to a group of them. They will
> put up a little cover fire.
>
> I've seen them move a bit too. They are not very motivated for a brisk
> hike. They just shamble a short way and go back to zombie mode.
>
> To tell the truth, I didn't really study the docs. There might be a
> way to order them into action.
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

I may put up a listen co-op server
with the Q2 "roughneck" mod next
saturday if anyone wants to try it
online.

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

The mod is at http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
It's not the most polished mod in the world, but I think it's fun
and at least these troublemakers who team kill on Q2 co-op servers
probably don't know about this mod and won't be able to join.

Margolis wrote:

> is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I
download
> it?

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

Some people on these servers deliberately kill
teammates repeatedly, usually by sneaking up
behind them with the super shotgun or the grenade
launcher.

"sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Some people on these servers deliberately kill
> teammates repeatedly, usually by sneaking up
> behind them with the super shotgun or the grenade
> launcher.
>
> EvilBill wrote:
> > What! Why is sticks <sticks@nospam.com> here?? All these interruptions
> > are enough to make one insane!!
> >

> > Don't know about that, I've always had the tendency to get so into
> > slaughtering Stroggs I can't hold my fire when a teammate runs between
> > me and the berserker I was aiming at... LOL... to say nothing of what
> > happens when I use the BFG on Makron! ;)

Yep, I think you or Margolis was there when a bastard cheater unleashed the
mini-nuke in my "Ground Zero" co-op server. What fun!!!! Or was it "The
Reckoning"?

G.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:52:18 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:

>The mod is at http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
>It's not the most polished mod in the world, but I think it's fun
>and at least these troublemakers who team kill on Q2 co-op servers
>probably don't know about this mod and won't be able to join.
>

>Margolis wrote:
>
> > is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I
>download
> > it?

If you don't want to go through all the clicks at planet quake,
roughneck is here too. One click.
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/rough050.zip

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

I tried to host a game this evening
but whenever someone would connect
the game would crash with the error
message "net-getpacket wsaeconnreset".
Does anyone know what this message means?
Sorry for anyone who tried to connect
this evening.