installed and wants a co-op game I
can throw up a server sometime.
12 answers Last reply
More about roughnecks server

    sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in news:41034F6C.2080902@nospam.com:
    > If anyone has the Q2 Roughnecks mod
    > installed and wants a co-op game I
    > can throw up a server sometime.

    I just got it this week so I'm interested! It wasn't so interesting in
    SP mode (what's with the soldiers just standing around?) but might be
    fun MP. I also want to play Stroggs Gone Mad.

    --
    <SB-X>

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:47:23 -0500, Es Bee Eks
    <mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote:

    >sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in news:41034F6C.2080902@nospam.com:
    >> If anyone has the Q2 Roughnecks mod
    >> installed and wants a co-op game I
    >> can throw up a server sometime.
    >
    >I just got it this week so I'm interested! It wasn't so interesting in
    >SP mode (what's with the soldiers just standing around?) but might be
    >fun MP. I also want to play Stroggs Gone Mad.

    I took a brief look at it. The soldiers mostly stand around, but do
    help a bit. If a bug is after you, run to a group of them. They will
    put up a little cover fire.

    I've seen them move a bit too. They are not very motivated for a brisk
    hike. They just shamble a short way and go back to zombie mode.

    To tell the truth, I didn't really study the docs. There might be a
    way to order them into action.

    Best,
    Tom

    My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    The addresses below are those of spammers.
    You can ignore them.
    They will get what they deserve.
    mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    The "soldiers" have very little
    functionality, but they are a
    little bit amusing to look at.
    You cannot give any commands to
    them that I know of.

    Tom Chaudoir wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:47:23 -0500, Es Bee Eks
    > <mirror.moc.swendnaliam@xbs.mirror> wrote:
    >
    >.
    >

    > I took a brief look at it. The soldiers mostly stand around, but do
    > help a bit. If a bug is after you, run to a group of them. They will
    > put up a little cover fire.
    >
    > I've seen them move a bit too. They are not very motivated for a brisk
    > hike. They just shamble a short way and go back to zombie mode.
    >
    > To tell the truth, I didn't really study the docs. There might be a
    > way to order them into action.
    >

    > Best,
    > Tom
    >
    > My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    > The addresses below are those of spammers.
    > You can ignore them.
    > They will get what they deserve.
    > mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    I may put up a listen co-op server
    with the Q2 "roughneck" mod next
    saturday if anyone wants to try it
    online.

    "sticks" <sticks@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > If anyone has the Q2 Roughnecks mod
    > installed and wants a co-op game I
    > can throw up a server sometime.

    is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I download
    it?

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    The mod is at http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
    It's not the most polished mod in the world, but at least these
    troublemakers who team kill on Q2 co-op servers probably don't
    know about this mod and won't be able to join.

    Margolis wrote:

    > is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I download
    > it?

    The mod is at http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
    It's not the most polished mod in the world, but I think it's fun
    and at least these troublemakers who team kill on Q2 co-op servers

    Margolis wrote:

    > is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I
    download
    > it?

    Some people on these servers deliberately kill
    teammates repeatedly, usually by sneaking up
    behind them with the super shotgun or the grenade
    launcher.

    > Some people on these servers deliberately kill
    > teammates repeatedly, usually by sneaking up
    > behind them with the super shotgun or the grenade
    > launcher.
    >
    > EvilBill wrote:
    > > What! Why is sticks <sticks@nospam.com> here?? All these interruptions
    > > are enough to make one insane!!
    > >

    > > Don't know about that, I've always had the tendency to get so into
    > > slaughtering Stroggs I can't hold my fire when a teammate runs between
    > > me and the berserker I was aiming at... LOL... to say nothing of what
    > > happens when I use the BFG on Makron! ;)

    Yep, I think you or Margolis was there when a bastard cheater unleashed the
    mini-nuke in my "Ground Zero" co-op server. What fun!!!! Or was it "The
    Reckoning"?

    G.

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:52:18 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:

    >The mod is at http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
    >It's not the most polished mod in the world, but I think it's fun
    >and at least these troublemakers who team kill on Q2 co-op servers
    >probably don't know about this mod and won't be able to join.
    >

    >Margolis wrote:
    >
    > > is this a free mod or is a retail mod? If it is free, where can I
    >download
    > > it?

    If you don't want to go through all the clicks at planet quake,
    roughneck is here too. One click.
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/rough050.zip

    Best,
    Tom

    My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    The addresses below are those of spammers.
    You can ignore them.
    They will get what they deserve.
    mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    I will try running a co-op server for this mod
    this evening on 66.75.99.136
    http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm

    I tried to host a game this evening
    but whenever someone would connect
    the game would crash with the error
    message "net-getpacket wsaeconnreset".
    Does anyone know what this message means?
    Sorry for anyone who tried to connect
    this evening.

    sticks wrote:
    > I will try running a co-op server for this mod
    > this evening on 66.75.99.136
    > http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm

Games Servers Video Games