Need Ideas for Wireless Network

maguszxz

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
In the last few months, I bought a Wireless G Router for 20 bucks at Staples in the hope of setting up a wireless network for my Media Center pc and my mom's PC. Currently all I am doing is playing online with my DS. With relatives coming in later this month and my mom constant inquires for internet use, I need a wireless network up and running yesterday, lol. So, I have been looking up options for the network. Should I go with Powerline adapters or just USB wireless adapters. Also, WAY down the line, I am going to get a Xbox 360 and want a wireless connection with that. I just need some options on what I could use (preferably Netgear or Linksys products).

Thanks in advance.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Not sure what the issue is. If you have a working router, hardwire one of the computers and get a wireless card for the other. If you have people coming for a visit and they don't have a wireless card, get a USB wireless connector and then they can just plug it into their computer. If you don't put them in your Workgroup, they should be able to get on the Net but not get into your computer. Until they left I would disable any router security settings unless you want to start changing their networking settings, never a good idea on someone else computer unless they specifically ask you to.