SFC errors

Orig posted 6hrs ago with no response

Hello grp: I hope someone can help me.
Standalone WinXP SP2 I am only user and admin.

I was just going through some of the more involved, or, deeper applications
available through the CMD app and saw the SFC function which scans the
original XP DLL's and then replaces them, if corrupt, through the
.../System32/DLLcache folder.
However, after running sfc /scannow
I got a pop-up telling me that the System needs to copy certain
(unexplained) DLL's and to insert my XP home CD.
Well, there's the rub: XP came with the HP pavilion a317x I bought. I -did-
receive 10 CD's after a system crash and reloaded from those..as well as
using a mailed CD with Service Pack 2 update, but none of those discs
appeared to satisfy this machine's requirement. I kept telling me "wrong CD
loaded....etc" no matter which ones I inserted.
Now I'm worried: obviously, there is a problem detected by SYSTEM in the
original DLL's and I certainly want to correct whatever problem that may be,
but am currently at an impasse...lots of supposed CD's that MUST hold the
info SYSTEM is demanding, but for whatever reason, SYSTEM doesn't accept
those CDs presented.
Any help would be appreciated.
patrick
hauntr2002ATyahooDOTcom

map

patrick wrote:
> Orig posted 6hrs ago with no response
>
> Hello grp: I hope someone can help me.
> Standalone WinXP SP2 I am only user and admin.
>
> I was just going through some of the more involved, or, deeper
> applications available through the CMD app and saw the SFC function
> which scans the original XP DLL's and then replaces them, if corrupt,
> through the ../System32/DLLcache folder.
> However, after running sfc /scannow
> I got a pop-up telling me that the System needs to copy certain
> (unexplained) DLL's and to insert my XP home CD.
> Well, there's the rub: XP came with the HP pavilion a317x I bought. I
> -did- receive 10 CD's after a system crash and reloaded from
> those..as well as using a mailed CD with Service Pack 2 update, but
> none of those discs appeared to satisfy this machine's requirement. I
> kept telling me "wrong CD loaded....etc" no matter which ones I
> inserted.
> Now I'm worried: obviously, there is a problem detected by SYSTEM in
> the original DLL's and I certainly want to correct whatever problem
> that may be, but am currently at an impasse...lots of supposed CD's
> that MUST hold the info SYSTEM is demanding, but for whatever reason,
> SYSTEM doesn't accept those CDs presented.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> patrick
> hauntr2002ATyahooDOTcom

You need to change the "source path" that the SFC app. looks for.
this is explaned in step #2 at this link.
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

--
Mike Pawlak