Sign in with
Your question

Does 64bit Vista Come in the Retail Package?

Tags:
  • DVD
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
August 18, 2008 9:46:46 AM

Right, so my compy should be coming in the next few days, i was just looking at what i ordered and right at the bottom, it says this:

Quote:
- NOTE: 64-Bit Edition DVD not included. Info on obtaining 64-Bit edition is included in this package, only 32-Bit edition DVD is supplied in the box.

Does this mean i have to pay extra? or do i go and download it from somewhere else for free?

Also, if i can only get the 32bit version, will my full 4gb of ram work?

Thanks

More about : 64bit vista retail package

August 18, 2008 12:37:29 PM

If you buy Ultimate, you get 2 DVDs - 1 32 and the second 64 bit.

If you buy another version you should choose at the time whether you want 32 or 64.

If you have a RETAIL version (NOT OEM), then Microsoft will send you a 64 bit DVD for shipping/handling only - something like 11 bucks.

{edit to provide link} http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/d...
m
l
August 18, 2008 1:08:49 PM

Quote:
Also, if i can only get the 32bit version, will my full 4gb of ram work?

No. Vista SP1 will report that 4 gig is installed but nothing has changed but the reporting. MS 32 bit consumer OS will only use 3 gig +/- depending on your hardware.
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2008 3:48:17 PM

So say if i downloaded the trail version of 64bit vista, and then used my serial that i got the disk with would it work?
m
l
August 18, 2008 9:09:41 PM

Or will they give you an option to download the 64bit version, and then use your key that came with the disk because i will get the disk with my computer, and obviously i dont want to pay another 5pounds and have to wait for it to be shipped to me.
m
l
August 19, 2008 7:36:41 PM

I don't think you can download it. I might be wrong though.
m
l
!