Windows XP MCE 2005 BSOD During install

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I'm using two 150gb raptor HDD's connected with SATA.
I had windows vista ultimate x64 installed but I didn't like it so I decided to buy windows xp MCE 2005 and here is my problem

I'm trying to do the install but it continues to give me the BSOD. Even after I read a thread about the same issue, I couldnt get pass the BSOD and the topic was locked so here I am.

My raid is set to auto detect but I dont have a raid setup since I'm allowing xp to do this for me. I did have one setup for vista but I deleted it thinking I needed to start fresh for xp am i right?

I boot from CD and tried to hit F6 but nothing happens. I let it go and continue with the loading. Here's where I'm at now.

Windows Setup
Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices isntalled in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter. Currently , setup will load support for the following mass storage devices.

<none>

*To specify additional SCSI adapsters, blah blah disk controllers blah blah blah press S.

I press S and have my floppy ready to install the drivers for raid from my nvidia 790i mobo which I created to floppy.

NVIDIA RAID Driver (required) - I do the install

it takes me back to the screen and shows that I have nvidia raid driver.

I hit S again and install Nvidia NForce Storage Controller. Now it shows me under devices the two drivers I installed or loaded. My only option now is to hit enter and continue.

Windows freezes at (Adaptec AHA-154X/AHA-164X SCSI Host Adapater)
Now it's time to reset and change some bios.

In the bios under standard cmos features it shows that I have two drives on SATA 3 and 4. I go into Integrated peripherals/Raid Config. Raid Enable is enabled but SATA 1-6 is not. I go ahead and enable SATA 3-4 which is where my HDD's are.

Save & exit

I go back to bios to make sure the system is reading my HDD's. Under standard CMOS my SATA 3 and 4 are not showing.

Let us begin the installation of windows crap. Need I remind you during boot up i get an option to enter raid utility which is F10. Am I suppose to create a raid there and then install windows? I bypass the F10 and continue with the windows installation. I do the same things I told you before but this time it starts to load everything. When it gets to starting windows, it freezes and then gives me the BSOD.

What am I suppose to do here? I'm lost and my head is about to explode. I'm sorry if this wasn't short but I'm trying to give you as much information as possible.

Remember, I'm using an nVidia 790i Mobo and x2 Raptor 150GB HDD's.

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Please, I'm begging you guys does anyone have a fix for this? I've searched all over the Internet and forums and nobody responds. Is my message too big? I can make it smaller, please help me.

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

This seems kinda old, but, you might as well close this, anyways, if there is a AHCI setting in bios, should be under advanced, change it to IDE, you will probably lose some performance, but, just around 5 fps, unless its a HDD heavy game, IE minecraft, you could try finding the drivers for the board...

Anyways, hopefully not bumping this, got enough warnings :bounce: