Sign in with
Your question

How to install two HDD on one system(one IDE & one SATA

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
May 26, 2011 9:47:20 AM

Hello,
how to install ubuntu on IDE HDD
May 26, 2011 10:16:43 AM

Um - pick that as the drive to install on. Nothing more to say really.
m
l
May 26, 2011 10:47:32 PM

As ijack said, it's really as simple as choosing which disk to install to during the install process. Nothing more to it.
m
l
Related resources
June 2, 2011 6:26:46 PM

chamaecyparis said:

I hdd is used, prepare first using System Rescue CD ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemrescuecd/files/sy... ) using dban to wipe it with zeros and then gparted to partition the hdd.

That's not really necessary if you ask me. Writing zeros is an enormous waste of time unless you're selling/giving somebody one of your drives that you had sensitive information on. Just running the installer will take care of everything that needs to be done.
m
l
June 3, 2011 5:41:46 PM

It will not take care of ntfs leftover crud that interferes with clean install on many Slackware-based and some other distros. My method ensures a clean install, using just the installer does not -- and having to reinstall after first doing the zero wipe (which could or should have been done in the first place) is a waste of time I avoid by using this method -- hence the recommendation based on the experience of a former distro-hopper :hello: 

BTW, I use older version of sysresccd because of more CLI-based options versus the newer ones.

m
l
June 3, 2011 9:15:16 PM

I wasn't saying it wasn't beneficial to do what you're suggesting, so I apologize if I came off that way. I just mean for the large majority of people, it's a lot of extra time spent with little to no benefits. Obviously it's entirely up the the OP whether or not it's worth it to them :) 
m
l
!