Our Q2 ftp server status.

Last response: in Video Games
July 29, 2004 9:34:36 AM

Hi Quakers,

In the short time that the server has been running, we have had some
pretty stunning results. Our purpose is to gather and preserve Q2
related files and applications. Q2 is getting old for some people, and
the servers that provide these files are dropping out of sight. We aim
to keep them around for as long as possible. You don't have to wait in
line to download, or join anything.

Thanks to all the volunteers who have uploaded files. You folks are
great.

Stats;
Downloaded today;
1.05 Gigs
Total Storage so far,
1.92 Gigs
83 folders
1, 139 files

The fact that the server exists has only been mentioned in this NG.

How cool is that?

If you have files to share and want an FTP upload account, please
contact me. My email is in my sig below.

Want some free files? The server is here;
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2

Quake on.

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

More about : ftp server status

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:01:59 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> In the short time that the server has been running, we have had some
> pretty stunning results. Our purpose is to gather and preserve Q2
> related files and applications. Q2 is getting old for some people, and
> the servers that provide these files are dropping out of sight. We aim
> to keep them around for as long as possible. You don't have to wait in
> line to download, or join anything.
>
> Thanks to all the volunteers who have uploaded files. You folks are
> great.
>
> Stats;
> Downloaded today;
> 1.05 Gigs
> Total Storage so far,
> 1.92 Gigs
> 83 folders
> 1, 139 files
>
> The fact that the server exists has only been mentioned in this NG.
>
> How cool is that?
>
> If you have files to share and want an FTP upload account, please
> contact me. My email is in my sig below.
>
> Want some free files? The server is here;
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2
>
> Quake on.
>

> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Hi Tom,
That's amazing! I do have a link on my next-to-unknown web site.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/georgereagan/index.html

G.
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 7:19:32 AM

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:01:59 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Quakers,
>>
>> In the short time that the server has been running, we have had some
>> pretty stunning results. Our purpose is to gather and preserve Q2
>> related files and applications. Q2 is getting old for some people, and
>> the servers that provide these files are dropping out of sight. We aim
>> to keep them around for as long as possible. You don't have to wait in
>> line to download, or join anything.
>>
>> Thanks to all the volunteers who have uploaded files. You folks are
>> great.
>>
>> Stats;
>> Downloaded today;
>> 1.05 Gigs
>> Total Storage so far,
>> 1.92 Gigs
>> 83 folders
>> 1, 139 files
>>
>> The fact that the server exists has only been mentioned in this NG.
>>
>> How cool is that?
>>
>> If you have files to share and want an FTP upload account, please
>> contact me. My email is in my sig below.
>>
>> Want some free files? The server is here;
>> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2
>>
>> Quake on.
>>

>> Best,
>> Tom
>>
>> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
>> The addresses below are those of spammers.
>> You can ignore them.
>> They will get what they deserve.
>> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com
>
>Hi Tom,
> That's amazing! I do have a link on my next-to-unknown web site.
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/georgereagan/index.html
>
>G.

Hi George and EvilBill,

I didn't mean to say that this is the only place to mention the site.
Just that the seed was planted here. Go ahead and share. It's not a
secret.

BTW on the day that I posted the root of this thread, we served up
over 11 gigs. I watched someone in Warsaw, Poland download a huge
steaming plate full of Q2 files. Way cool. The AGQ2 NG is helping the
world get it's game on. I'm proud of us.

Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com
August 5, 2004 1:56:31 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> In the short time that the server has been running, we have had some
> pretty stunning results. Our purpose is to gather and preserve Q2
> related files and applications. Q2 is getting old for some people, and
> the servers that provide these files are dropping out of sight. We aim
> to keep them around for as long as possible. You don't have to wait in
> line to download, or join anything.

Thats fantastic!

If it turns out the ftp server can not continue I would like to suggest
storing the files on a dvd and allowing people to trade them like
music trading groups do. And/or Sending blanks and postage etc.

David
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 1:58:49 AM

v. nice.