computer asking to reboot before software installation-alr..

pat

Expert

Trying to install Visual Studio but I keep getting a message saying that
another program is waiting for windows to reboot and that I must reboot
before starting the installation of Visual Studio. Obviously I have tried
rebooting. I have also uninstalled all previous versions including beta and
the .net framework.
What can I do to get this "need to reboot" message to go away?

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Trying to install Visual Studio but I keep getting a message saying that
| another program is waiting for windows to reboot and that I must reboot
| before starting the installation of Visual Studio. Obviously I have tried
| rebooting. I have also uninstalled all previous versions including beta
and
| the .net framework.
| What can I do to get this "need to reboot" message to go away?

This might give you a clue.
http://www.exodus-dev.com/products/WhyReboot/default.asp

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

It appears that there may be an incomplete installation pending for VS or
another program.
See Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301