Your question
Closed

Samba Woes

Tags:
  • Samba
  • Configuration
Last response: in Open Source Software
May 31, 2011 10:16:36 PM

I'm trying to configure some samba shares on my Ubuntu 10.10 box.

I have Samba largely configured correctly but something isn't quite right.

I've configured a few folders as guest access and they are using the nobody account. These are working fine. I've mapped these as network drives for convenience. Presumably they are using some credentials which is perhaps the cause of the issue later?

A few folders require user credentials and need to be visible.

I have a OS user called "Simon", part of the "Auto" group and have a Samba user named as such with the windows name set appropriately.

I've set permissions for the shared folder for "Create and delete files" for the "Auto" group. Others do not have folder access.

When I try and connect from Vista I am prompted for credentials and then I'm presented with the message:

"\\MyServer\myShare is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminstrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server of shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

Anyone have any ideas of what's misconfigured?

More about : samba woes

Best solution

June 2, 2011 2:46:47 PM

Rusting In Peace said:
I'm trying to configure some samba shares on my Ubuntu 10.10 box.

I have Samba largely configured correctly but something isn't quite right.

. . .

Anyone have any ideas of what's misconfigured?

I don't use Samba, but if I did I would start here
June 20, 2012 2:33:44 PM

Best answer selected by Rusting In Peace.
Score
June 20, 2012 2:47:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Amdfangirl
Score