Sign in with
Your question

Tips that make your system runs more efficiently.(Episode 2)

Last response: in Systems
May 18, 2007 10:37:28 AM

Hello Ladies & Gentleman!
This is Farhang from Radio Hell! :twisted:
After a successful( :?: :!: :?: :!: :? )release of the Episode 1 i decided to write the second Episode (it's not Half-Life 2 Episode 2, OK? :roll: ) that helps you have a better operation system :D  .(actually you are all some pro guys( :?: ), so 99.99% of you don't need such tips :wink: , so this thread is for 0.01% of the TG forumz users! :wink: )
Any way, Any way, the second Episode is focused on making your lovely Windows XP looks even more beautiful with using the minimum system resources possible(All these programs were tested on a Celeron 1000MHz with 256MB SDR memory & 20GB Dinosaur HDD and Windows XP Pro SP2 without any slow down! and i`m using them all right now! :wink: )
Here we go...
----------
1-Free Desktop Clock

Software Description 8)

Windows desktop clock utility for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
Free Desktop Clock is the advanced replacement for standard Windows tray clock. See the time, day, and date in different skins. Great program that lets you change the boring look of any windows desktop clock :D  . Over 50 skins are included in the distribution.
I also put and extra skin pack that includes 125 more skins! :wink:

It's also an atomic-time synchronizer.
And it is absolutely free! :D 
And it's soooooooooo small!
Here is a screen shot!

Download Free Desktop Clock version 2.1 (670KB)
Download Extra Skin Pack (includes extra 125 skins!)(300KB)
Enjoy! :wink:
----------
2-VIPv3 (Vista Icon Pack version3)

Software Description 8)

The greatest pack of Vista and Longhorn icons with a total of 1165 icons! :D 
Include new folder, computer, network and other icons, a lot of file formats, new cursors...
After the release of Vista Icon Pack back in July, they were working on the new Vista Icon Pack Installer. After the successful release of "Vista Icon Patcher" they wanted to bring this update to the next level. With some great new features and a more safe installation process they had accomplished their goal.Feature rich and more professional than it's previews versions!
Here are some screen shots! :D 
1-VIPv3 contains a program that shows the free space (like Windows Vista) under the drives letters!

2-It also contains a program that shows Windows Tooltips (like Windows Vista)

3-Control Panel Icons!

4-Vista Cursors!(you have to enable it manually through the Control Panel though, piece of cake!)

The pack also contains the Vista Boot Screen(in 2 colors) and Vista Welcome screen! :D  (sorry, no screen shots here! :oops:  )

:!: VERY VERY VERY...VERY IMPORTANT :!: :
You MUST install this pack in the Safe Mode,Got it?

:!: Troubleshooting: :?
Use the pack with caution :!: because uninstalling this would be a little difficult!(actually everyone like this pack, no need to uninstall it i believe! :wink: )

Here are some of the people's usual problems:

Q: I uninstalled the icon pack but visual tooltip still remains. How can I uninstall it? :?
A:You need to go to msconfig and disable the auto start. FYI, all the installed files are located in %Windows%\VIPv3\ directory.

Q: I just installed it and some of my programs doesn't work well(Such as iTunes).an error will appear and said that there is some .dll moving or missing thing...I uninstall the pack and the error solved but i like the pack. What should i do? :?
A: Go to the Windows Directory and find the VIPv3 Directory and then go to the Backup Directory and run Replacer and replace the missing file or .dll ! :wink:
:!: I recommend every one to replace the "Setupapi.dll" once they install the pack using the replacer that i showed above cause that file really cause some errors!(at least for me!)

Q: The pack said that it contains the Windows Vista Black Taskbar but the taskbar remains the same when i installed the pack...! :?
A: I have the same problem, seems that they gonna fix this in the next version!
No problem, use the next program for that! :wink:

Q: I just uninstall the pack but the icons are still remain...??
A:
Quote:
For anyone wondering why the Vista drive icons are still showing up, make sure that the key
Vistadrv in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
has been deleted.

Then run the following in a command prompt, or do a similar action in RegEdit:
REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons /f >nul

And reboot, the icons should be back to normal.

Download VIPv3 (7.3MB)
Enjoy! :wink:
----------
3-StyleXP

Software Description 8)

Best program ever!
Style XP is not a skinning engine. It uses Microsoft's built-in visual style engine, but enhances it by providing many useful tools. Style XP can import, select, rotate, and manage themes, visual styles, wallpapers, logons, bootscreens, icons, cursors and explorer bar. Future versions may support sounds, screensavers, and packages of all the above. How does it work? Instead of lines and gradients, the XP user interface natively supports the use of skinned bitmap controls (a visual style). This is Microsoft's own innovation. Style XP includes its own visual styles. Style XP is supports Windows XP, Windows XP Service Pack 1 and 2, Tablet PC, or Server 2003.

:!: Q: Why not Windows Blind instead of StyleXP?
A: Windows Blind cause some problems with certain games & it costs much more system resources than StyleXP and As most of the TG forumz's users are Gamer( :twisted: )they don't like to lose system resources just to have more beautiful operation system! :wink:
:!: Problem :!: :
StyleXP is not Free! :cry: 
So you can only use it for 30 Days if you download the free version!
I wanted to put the Crack file here so that everyone can use it's full version but it seems that 99.9999999999% of you doesn't like Cracks! So here what we are gonna do!
For the 99.9999999999% of you that doesn't want to use the Crack file, you can either go buy the Full version(it's cheap though) or you can use the Free trial version and then after 30 Days uninstall the program or use a Registry cleaner tool to use it again :wink: (Don't know how to do that! :oops:  ).
For the 0.0000000001% of people that don't care about the Crack File, After installing the program go to the Register Tab and PM me your Hardware ID and then i will PM you your serial number! :wink: (easy as pie!)(it not a Crack! is it? :wink: )
StyleXP v3.19 for Ladies
StyleXP v3.19 for Men

Q: What's the difference between Ladies and Men version?
A: Themes! Men's theme are mostly dark & blue but Ladies's themes are mostly bright. :wink:
Enjoy!

:!: If you have enjoyed StyleXP, Here is a web site for StyleXP`s downloads such as new themes, new visual styles, new cursor sets, new backgrounds, icon packs and more and they are all free! :D  (you can download the black Vista Taskbar from there :wink: )
----------
There are lots of other programs that make you Windows looks even better but i think that with these three programs you can manage your Windows to look like they way you want!
----------
TOP SECRET!

Need something ever better than these three? 8O
Professional Users read this! :twisted:
ASTON :twisted:
What is Aston...??
Muhahahahahaha...
The most professional Windows enhancer in the whole Galaxy! :twisted:
For example:
Imagine that your Windows background is your Face!
Do you want to go to your Driver C:\ when you click on your nose with some animations...?
The fact is words can not describe ASTON!
You can study more Here!
and yes it's not Free!

:!: Q: Why not recommended this earlier you Dumb A$$?
A: Aston consumes Lots & Lots of system resources, actually you can not play any game if you have Aston on your system!(tested with Test Drive Unlimited & Some other games!). But it makes your system looks unbelievable! You can not imagine what you can do with Aston!
By the Way! I know where you can Download the Cracks if you are interested! :wink:
----------
End of Episode 2
Hope you enjoy this episode too( :?: :?: :!: :!: :?: )
I don't have any plans for the next Episode(System Monitoring & Overclocking maybe...). So give some tips for the next Episode!

Sorry for my poor English, i`m thinking on going to some English Class but the University has taken all of my time! :x

Links Checked! :wink:
(Dam it, it took 3 Hours to write this! 8O )
As always:
Comments, Flames, Bombs, Nuclear Missiles, Liquid Nitrogen Bombs, Laser Beams, Shutguns, Axes, Knifes,... are Welcome! :D 

So...Can our Hero defeat his enemies? Can he save the princess in the remaining time? What do you think? Watch our next Episode if you want to find out...! :tongue:
Da dan dan dan da da dan dan...(Ending movie music!) :tongue:
May 18, 2007 10:54:46 AM

Hey thanks for this dude, usesno resorces compared to the Vista tranformation Pack v6.0... anywho well done and well written thankyou.
May 18, 2007 11:02:37 AM

Another good post. There is a lot to play with, not sure what I can use YET :twisted:

Episode 3 How about a general beginner build a system guide? There are a ton of links, but they are spread all over the Net. One Place for all you need to know, not sure if that could be done.

Then one of overclocking, another beginner piece, the experts don't need no guide :lol: 
Related resources
May 18, 2007 11:03:59 AM

I'm not rich and I don't live un the US, so I like uTorrent and Cracks :D 
May 18, 2007 11:17:50 AM

If some of you more extreme users want somthing a little different, please look at some alternate shells, my personall favourite is SharpE Shell replacment. But for slow computers NOTHING beats BBlean or BBclean. BBlean/Clean uses its own system for styling windows, SharpE uses windows Styles.

my Sharpe has translucency, and right click (desktop) menus. Every part is highly customizable, and the support is AMAZING!! the forums are great. I highly recomend it.

anyway that my 2 bob.
May 18, 2007 11:19:07 AM

The title of the thread is misleading, as I can't see how a clock, an icon pack, and a theme editor can improve the efficiency of a machine.

Otherwise, looks good.
May 18, 2007 11:24:48 AM

Also nLite puts XP on a diet, or vLite for Vista.
May 18, 2007 12:43:02 PM

Thanks Guys! :D 
About the title...Honestly i just wanted to post somethings like Episode 1 that improve system performance, but i found out that i couldn't...yeah, the title is misleading... :oops:  Honestly guys, you are always looking to find a bug or problem! :roll:
Quote:
I'm not rich and I don't live un the US, so I like uTorrent and Cracks :D 

I said before that if you want the serial number of StyleXP PM me you Hardware ID and i will send you your Registration code! :wink:
Quote:
Episode 3 How about a general beginner build a system guide? There are a ton of links, but they are spread all over the Net. One Place for all you need to know, not sure if that could be done.

I hardly build my own system! :oops:  and there are lots of news about "How to build your own PC" on the web!
i`m thinking on Episode 3...But it will not release this soon like Episode 2. :wink:
May 18, 2007 1:30:31 PM

NONE of this crap will help your system run "efficiently", the efficient thing to do is get rid of all this bs.

Valis
May 18, 2007 1:47:53 PM

Well, I was just saying that software /hardware in europe isn't cheap. And the vat plus us dollar to euro conversion blows it all...
I have no problems in finding all kinds of pirated software, serial and cracks, but thanks anyway. I had the vista transformation pack 3 and I didn't like it...personal taste. :D 
May 18, 2007 2:56:44 PM

How about titleing the posts,

"Here are some links so shareware I find cool?"

This has nothing to do with homebuilts or hardware or efficiency.
May 18, 2007 2:57:21 PM

May 18, 2007 3:04:58 PM

Quote:
NONE of this crap will help your system run "efficiently", the efficient thing to do is get rid of all this bs.

Valis

Quote:

Quote:
Comments, Flames, Bombs, Nuclear Missiles, Liquid Nitrogen Bombs, Laser Beams, Shutguns, Axes, Knifes,... are Welcome!

Didn't i already said a excuse for the title?
Quote:
I had the vista transformation pack 3 and I didn't like it...personal taste.

Well, Vista transformer is something else but it's equal to VIPv3! :roll:
May 18, 2007 3:11:13 PM

Glad some of us have useful comments instead of just ragging on someone. If you don't don't have a good alternative, Who needs ya :o 
May 18, 2007 6:45:36 PM

No idea for Episode 3? :?
How about Hardware monitoring & Overclocking?
May 18, 2007 7:32:35 PM

Quote:

Valis

I was gonna say the same. All this may make the system "nice" to use - for some - but will certainly not affect the system effeciency/performance in the possitive direction, on the contrary!
May 18, 2007 7:43:08 PM

Quote:

Valis

I was gonna say the same. All this may make the system "nice" to use - for some - but will certainly not affect the system effeciency/performance in the possitive direction, on the contrary!
What those two already said.

Still good stuff, nice to have something like this in a concise area instead of hunting around for days.

...and is it just me, or was there a smiley face explosion going on in that original post?
May 18, 2007 8:03:06 PM

For the last time!
The title is focused on Episode 1.
You people are really going to make me angry!
I don't think that you would like me when i get angry... :mrgreen: (Hulk anyone?)
May 18, 2007 8:27:36 PM

Quote:
For the last time!
The title is focused on Episode 1.
You people are really going to make me angry!
I don't think that you would like me when i get angry... :mrgreen: (Hulk anyone?)

8O You just scared me to death man!
May 18, 2007 9:22:01 PM

I've yet to see you post without using an emoticons icon. The guide was good, don't care for the programs but decently written for you. Just change episode 3's title.
May 20, 2007 12:11:30 PM

Quote:
I've yet to see you post without using an emoticons icon.

Here you are!
Quote:
The guide was good, don't care for the programs but decently written for you. Just change episode 3's title.

Thanks man!
Yeah, i`m working on the TITLE!
May 21, 2007 5:41:16 PM

Hi guys :D 
Sorry to bother you but i found an extremely awesome Vista Theme for the StyleXP.
It changes lots of thing in you desktop!
Just open a My Computer window and you will see!
Here is the download link.
:!: How to install:
Open StyleXP, go to the "Visual Styles" window, Click on "Add a new style" button and then select the .Zip file that you have downloaded from the above link!(remember you must select the .Zip file!)
Good Luck! :wink:
(Coming but not soon:
Episode 3: Internet & Downloading 8)
Episode 4: Hardware Monitoring/Overclocking :twisted: )
!