Vista n00b - firewall thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmez

Splendid
Lame question but i just CANT figure it out.

Just installed Vista Ultimate (dual boot with xp)

When i run many programs inc windows programs this firewall type box comes up asking me if i want to continue. Ive tried turning off everything in security centre etc, but it still comes up :fou: :fou:

If someone can help a n00b and tell me where to click to permanently kill this, it would be great.

Thanks, Vist n00bian

Solution
User Account Control? Open Control Panel. Open User accounts. TURN OFF User Account Control (UAC). Restart the system. Sorry, if this is not what you are referring to, but I think this is what you mean is popping up.
User Account Control? Open Control Panel. Open User accounts. TURN OFF User Account Control (UAC). Restart the system. Sorry, if this is not what you are referring to, but I think this is what you mean is popping up.

Solution
If you are new to Vista another thing you can do to make it easier to 'find your way around' is to right click on the desktop bottom toolbar, click Properties, Click the Start menu tab, select 'Classic Start menu. Now your desktop icons and layout shuld look suprisingly familiar if you are a former XP user. :lol:

mrmez

Splendid

OoOokkk... it didnt prompt me to restart and i dont THINK i did after i changed dat.

Thanks nigra :hello:

Ps. Even without changing start bar to classic, vista is surprisingly similar to XP :heink:

Status
Not open for further replies.