"roughneck" coop server

I will try to run a Q2 coop server for the
"roughneck" mod 66.75.99.136
http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
probably around 5:00pm pacific time if anyone wants
to try the mod out.

I will be running it as a listen server.
The server name will be "rough-coop"
4 answers Last reply
More about roughneck coop server

    Sorry for anyone who tried to connect, but after
    anybody connected to my hosted game, the game
    would crash with the error
    "net-getpacket wsaeconnreset <ip address>".
    Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:56:29 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Sorry for anyone who tried to connect, but after
    >anybody connected to my hosted game, the game
    >would crash with the error
    >"net-getpacket wsaeconnreset <ip address>".
    >Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?
    >
    >sticks wrote:
    >> I will try to run a Q2 coop server for the
    >> "roughneck" mod 66.75.99.136
    >> http://www.planetquake.com/webyte/rough/index.htm
    >> probably around 5:00pm pacific time if anyone wants
    >> to try the mod out.
    >>
    >> I will be running it as a listen server.
    >> The server name will be "rough-coop"

    Hi Sticks,

    Did others try to connect? I figured that I was doing something
    stupid and crashing you. I was typing "game roughneck". When the demos
    played, the new monsters and stuff were there. When I connected to
    you, they had reverted back to default guys. I didn't see any bots.

    When your server crashed, so did my game. No errors, just gone.

    Was I supposed to type something else in the console?

    Best,
    Tom

    My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    The addresses below are those of spammers.
    You can ignore them.
    They will get what they deserve.
    mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    The fact that I was hosting a game from the multiplayer
    menu instead of running a dedicated server may have been
    the cause. I have to research how to properly set up a
    dedicated server since I have not done it before.

    Tom Chaudoir wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:56:29 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:
    >

    > Hi Sticks,
    >
    > Did others try to connect? I figured that I was doing something
    > stupid and crashing you. I was typing "game roughneck". When the demos
    > played, the new monsters and stuff were there. When I connected to
    > you, they had reverted back to default guys. I didn't see any bots.
    >
    > When your server crashed, so did my game. No errors, just gone.
    >
    > Was I supposed to type something else in the console?
    >

    > Best,
    > Tom
    >
    > My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    > The addresses below are those of spammers.
    > You can ignore them.
    > They will get what they deserve.
    > mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

    The fact that I was hosting a game from the multiplayer
    menu instead of running a dedicated server may have been
    the cause. I have to research how to properly set up a
    dedicated server since I have not done it before.
    I would like to find a way to host a listen server though,
    so I could join in the game as well.

    Tom Chaudoir wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:56:29 GMT, sticks <sticks@nospam.com> wrote:
    >

    > Hi Sticks,
    >
    > Did others try to connect? I figured that I was doing something
    > stupid and crashing you. I was typing "game roughneck". When the demos
    > played, the new monsters and stuff were there. When I connected to
    > you, they had reverted back to default guys. I didn't see any bots.
    >
    > When your server crashed, so did my game. No errors, just gone.
    >
    > Was I supposed to type something else in the console?
    >

    > Best,
    > Tom
    >
    > My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
    > The addresses below are those of spammers.
    > You can ignore them.
    > They will get what they deserve.
    > mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

Games Servers Video Games