I went through computer with a stinger to get rid of virus, it found 2, but
the virus keeps popping up and that there i am out of virtual memory

avast! Virus Cleaner is available free:

avast! 4 Home Edition is a full-featured antivirus package designed
exclusively for home users and is FREE!

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"heidi" wrote:

| I went through computer with a stinger to get rid of virus, it found 2, but
| the virus keeps popping up and that there i am out of virtual memory

scan in Safe Mode.

"heidi" <heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I went through computer with a stinger to get rid of virus,
it found 2, but
| the virus keeps popping up and that there i am out of
virtual memory

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Ensure you are using a proper program such as Norton Firewall or Trend and
insure your virus definitions are up to date.

Also scan for spyware (use SpyBot or similar), again ensure its up to date -
it might be a spyware embeded into IE which is restoring the virus.

heidi wrote:
> I went through computer with a stinger to get rid of virus, it found
> 2, but the virus keeps popping up and that there i am out of virtual
> memory

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

Alan

Also disable system restore as copies of the virus may be in the restore
files

Alan

In news:FfednaTkZeCuwxLfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk,
Alan <alan@aringspam.karoo.co.uk> typed:

> Also disable system restore as copies of the virus may be in
> the
> restore files

Note that a virus in a Restore Point is completely innocuous, and
can't cause a problem unless you restore from that Restore Point.
It's not completely necessary, but it's OK to disable System
Restore *after* getting rid of the virus as long as you then turn
it back on, and create a new Restore point.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in
> message
>> scan in Safe Mode.
>>

>> "heidi" <heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I went through computer with a stinger to get rid of virus,
>> it found 2, but
>>> the virus keeps popping up and that there i am out of
>> virtual memory

One thing, not to step on toes but in the system restore, you also need
to slide the amount of restore space to 0%, this will get rid of the
virus in restore only, .Unfortunately it will also do away with restore
points. unless you find the one that has it. Most anti virus programs
won't get rid of it from restore and will keep popping up the message
that it's there unless you do this.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access