billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I am looking to upgrade to Vista 64...not sure which one yet... I have XP Pro 32 and I dont want to lose my saved games in COD4, Bioshock, etc. What do i need to backup to ensure that I dont lose these and where do i put them once I have installed vista. I am planning on doing just a clean install, not an upgrade.

speedbird

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
I've backed up saved games, when I've reinstalled etc. I can usually find the save folder's within the Game directories. Copy and then paste these save Files onto a Flash drive. When you've Installed Vista and re-installed your games, it should be a case of copying those files back into the relevant save folders of your games.

Some games may not produce a save folder until the first save, so you'll need to create one manually or go into the game then make a random save to create the folder.

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
If you don't want 2 get burn, try 2 make an image of your old system....that if you have free storage space or external hard drive. Any way if you do use Arconis or Ghost...(you can restore specific files or folders, if you will need) if you do that you will be 100% covered :)