eSATA external box not working with eSATA ExpressCard

Ignacio49

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Hello,

I bought a SIIG eSATA II ExpressCard to use with a 3.5" 500GB Samsung HD501LJ SATA HDD in external eSATA enclosure. Notebook is Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505

I bought two BYTECC SATA II external enclosures, with eSATA and USB external interfaces, model ME-747SA. They work fine when using the USB, but unfortunatelly it seems that these boxes are not compatible with the SIIG ExpressCard.

I have tried a WD SATA HDD in the BYTECC box but same story, it doesn't work with the ExpressCard.

HOWEVER, a 2.5 WD sata HDD in a non BYTECC eSATA box works fine with the ExpressCard, therefore the problem seems to be with the BYTECC boxes.

Any suggestion what to do to make them work?
Thanks

mobybit

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Any resolution to this problem ?

I also have a BYTECC ME-747SA enclosure that works fine with the USB2 connection but not the eSATA connection. I see no jumpers or switches in the ME-747SA so I presume both connections are supposed to be functioning.

I have another BYTECC ME-747SA that has functional USB2 and eSATA.

alkampfer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I have the same problem, my external esatabox does not work with express card nor with the esata of the motherboard of my desktop pc. It only works if I connected to the motherboard standard sata controller with the cable that comes with my external box.

Someone knows an external box that is surely compatible with E-Sata? It seems to me, after some searches, that boxes that are compatible with usb and e-sata does not works.

Alk.