Sign in with
Your question

Half installed windows live messenger 8.1 (latest)

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 3, 2008 1:50:56 PM

Ok im having problems with my pc atm with it always crashing etc and my hardrive says ive lost half my files etc... used space is now only 121gig when yesterday it was 298gig!

I need to know what is the problem and how can i re-install windows live messenger as i cant repair it or reinstall it since it crashed half way through installation! because WHEN I REINSTALLED LIVE MSN MY COMP CRASHED THEREFORE NOT INSTALLING IT ALL.

Also i'd like to note, i reinstall live messeneger because everytime i went on my computer and logged on msn my computer would eventualy freeze up and id have to force re-boot it.

when i try to uninstall it through control panel it says: the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

Sytem specs:
Quad core Q6600 @ 2.40ghz
4gig ddr2 ram
500 gig hd
nvidia 8800gt
Windows vista 64-bit SP1
September 3, 2008 2:00:40 PM

Without any error messages or hex codes, or other information to go on, I am left with suspecting some form of malware has gotten onto your system, and has succeeded in destroying it.

I would reformat the hard drive... Twice... And start again from scratch.

m
l
September 3, 2008 2:09:04 PM

Scotteq said:
Without any error messages or hex codes, or other information to go on, I am left with suspecting some form of malware has gotten onto your system, and has succeeded in destroying it.

I would reformat the hard drive... Twice... And start again from scratch.

Its definately not malware im a virus freak so i now how to get rid of them do you think anything magnetic can cause dataloss on a hardrive since this only started happening when i put a halogen desk lamp near the front of my computer wich is where my hard drive bay is...

What would be a GREAT help would be finding the product code for live msn 8.1 so i can use the msiexec utility to get rid of it.

Thanks.
Victor.
m
l
Related resources
!