Have An Extreme PC Mod? Tom's Hardware Wants You!

bennyblanx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Hi, it's Ben Meyer and Chris Angelini from Tom's Hardware. This forum thread is now the official home of Tom's Talkback Featured Systems. Same deal as before, send us videos, pics and descriptions of your rigs. Yours could be featured in the next episode of the show.

Thanks and I look foward to hearing from you,

Ben and Chris

khushy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
how about this home-made extreme mod . . .

www.khushy.com/fire.jpg

on/off - thats it - without having to contort my body underneath the desk everytime - LOL!!!!

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Maybe you can give us a picture of an existing EXTREME mod as an example.
Many of us have mods but to save you time you might want to set the bar.
Just a thought

authoratah

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Why would I want to do that? People would automatically assume I'm fibbing and my case is really a slightly broken TT Xaser III skull :D

It is bulletproof! Totally! :whistle: :ange:

SKyriDe

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007

That is incredibly cool. Although it is very sad that you made the general design in inventor. Nice job. I think thats worth a submission.

My rig isnt too extreme. Mediocre PC in an Antec 900 with 2 monitors.

ModBros

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
http://www.erucolindo.com

I posted in the general home build forum, and sent an email in, but here it is for those interested:

The Windows Home Briefcase

server4.jpg

cadmanx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Naw, he used Sketchup. I use that all the time :D Nice design though...

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
My case is made out of acrylic plastic, in other words it's a see-through case, the cables from the PSU react with the UV light making it look wicked :D

DavidEC472

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
I have modded a Armor case to fit a 3bay rad & 2bay Rad and a single .. My workmanship is of shabby garage home made quality :eek:) .... but the set up looks (through squinted eyes) rather impressive.. mainly its a size thing .. and it has flashing lights and stuff .. so size and flashing lights .. works for me. ... hey if Transformers .. cars that turn into robots was a box office hit.. Computers with flashing lights the size of cars is a sure fire winner.. All the hardware is currently in a mozart case while i mess about with the holes and drilling and then hiding mistakes with putty and paint ..