PROBLEM WITH XP HOME!

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Hey,

Im tryong to sort out my bloody laptop! I've had it a year now, and typically, the warrenty has just run out on the thing...

Anyway, when I got it, it used to have windows Vista Home Premium on it, but I hated it so I down graded to windows XP Home like the rest of my Desktop computers in the house.

Ive had no problems with this up until a few days ago, when XP Home would just go to the boot up screen and go black, nothing happened, not even a restart loop. I tried a windows repair through the repair console by trying to fix the boot.ini file, but this didnt work. However, before and after the repair it worked fine in safe mode...

So in safe mode i backed up everything on a external and did a fresh install....

It worked fine for a a couple of hours and now all it seems to do is crash on start up. It loads up fine, the task bar and all that other crap is displayed but when I try to do anything its impossble, but its not like its crashed, cos every so many minutes the mouse curser moves...

It worked for a short while and then when I installed my wireless network card drivers it asked for a system restart, so i did and it happened again! Its a royal pain in the ****!

Please can someone help!

The laptop is an Acer 5050. Not the most powerful but it runs most things that I need it for like general internet browsing, films and word processing....

HELP PLEASE!!!! IM GOING INSANE!

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Ok, ive been working with it for the past few hours now, and it seems to crash or lag after I'ive uninstalled something...

Another thing that has crept in is a blue screen every time i switch on my wireless network card by the switch on the front....

I dont get it!!! Arrrgh!